Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.50 beta 2 available for download

Hello,

The V-Ray 3.5 beta 2 for 3ds Max builds are available for download.
    In regard to some intermediate changes there is an issue http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...mpletely-black which we would like to apologize for the inconvenience. The problem should be affecting scenes saved with 3.5 beta 1, when opened with beta 2.

Here is the changelog:
    Build 3.50.02 (beta) (11.01.2017)
    ==============

New features:
    (*) V-Ray: Add VRayRawDiffuseFilter, VRayRawReflectionFilter and VRayRawRefractionFilter render and bake elements;
    (*) V-Ray: Fallback to limited functionality Demo mode if no license is present;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Add support for adaptive lights;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: All supported procedural textures to work for bump maps, when used through VRayColor2Bump texture;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Implement support for Forest Color texture;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Support for "Mapped", "Linear" and "4 corners" Gradient types in Gradient Ramp texture;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Support for adaptive lights in CUDA (both in production and in ActiveShade);
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Support for the planar VRayClipper;
    (*) VFB: Lens effects work on the denoised result if a denoiser render element is present;
    (*) VFB: Lens effects can be enabled and adjusted during rendering;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Integrate support for NVIDIA MDL;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Initial support for VRayMDLMtl in V-Ray RT;
    (*) VRayScene: Implement scene node that supports rendering geometry and materials from a .vrscene file and settings override with another file;
    (*) VRayToon: Ability to store the toon outlines in a separate render element;
    (*) VRayVRmatMtl: Does not update on filename change in V-Ray RT;
    (*) V-Ray Toolbar: Add button to make selected objects shadow catchers;

Modified features:
    (*) V-Ray: 3ds Max render effects should be applied when the "Stop" button is pressed in the render progress;
    (*) V-Ray: Adaptive lights sampling improvement when the total lights are less than the Adaptive lights count;
    (*) V-Ray: Bucket resuming writes its own .vrimg output if other output format is set;
    (*) V-Ray: Enable adaptive lights by default;
    (*) V-Ray: Faster 2d displacement on machines with many cores;
    (*) V-Ray: Faster rendering of proxies on many-core machines;
    (*) V-Ray: Improve the HDR images loading speed;
    (*) V-Ray: Make "1" a possible value for Geometry samples in Render Setup;
    (*) V-Ray: Remove limitation on parameters count for OSL and GLSL shaders;
    (*) V-Ray: Restore the 3ds Max project folder after DR render;
    (*) V-Ray: Rework post-effects pipeline to avoid Lens effects overriding the denoised image in particular;
    (*) V-Ray: Right-click on parameters' spinners should reset them to the default values instead of zero for most of V-Ray plugins;
    (*) V-Ray: The light grid for adaptive lights does not take specular light contributions into account;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Allow irradiance map and light cache from saved file in ActiveShade;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Change mouse cursors for some of the right click modes during ActiveShade;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Implement export of VRayToon;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Implement the glossy Fresnel options;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Improve random by render ID values generation for V-Ray RT and matched with VRayMultiSubTex;
    (*) VFB: Add a render stamp variable "noiseThreshold" for the reached noise threshold of the progressive sampler;
    (*) VFB: Add toolbar button for copying the current channel to clipboard;
    (*) VFB: Increase default VFB history maximum files count to 100 and the size on disk in MB to 10000;
    (*) VFB: Show a progress bar in the VFB during IPR session;
    (*) VRayALSurfaceMtl: Support for "Raytraced SSS ID" V-Ray object property;
    (*) VRayMtl: Disabled by default the GI checkbox for self-illumination;
    (*) VRayMtlReflectIORBake: Replace the "Store in fixed point format (rg.ba)" option with an "Invert value" one;
    (*) V-Ray Bitmap to VRayHDRI converter: Bitmaps in objects/modifiers/environment should be handled;

Bug fixes:
    (*) V-Ray: Adding lights during IPR session produces wrong results when adaptive lights are enabled;
    (*) V-Ray: Artifacts with adaptive lights and VRayFastSSS2 material;
    (*) V-Ray: Crash when modifying matte object material in IPR;
    (*) V-Ray: Deep merge strategy set as "None" renders incorrectly with non-fully opaque objects;
    (*) V-Ray: Different bump with bitmaps since 3.50.01;
    (*) V-Ray: Environment map ghosting through objects when matte/shadow objects are in the scene;
    (*) V-Ray: If there is no license available V-Ray crashes when rendering;
    (*) V-Ray: IPR crashes with Hair and Fur on render stop;
    (*) V-Ray: IPR crashes with VRayExtraTex render element;
    (*) V-Ray: IPR crashes while painting with the VRayFurStyler;
    (*) V-Ray: Issue with finalToon and orthographic cameras;
    (*) V-Ray: Noisy pixels not cleaned up by the progressive sampler;
    (*) V-Ray: Random crashes after progressive rendering is finished;
    (*) V-Ray: Render hangs when resuming with DR and distributed light cache;
    (*) V-Ray: Rendering hangs at transforming vertices when there is a VRayVolumeGrid and many VRayLightMtl materials with "direct illumination" enabled;
    (*) V-Ray: OSL preprocessor-only output is polluted with diagnostic messages;
    (*) V-Ray: Wrong viewport drawing of objects after rendering in 3ds Max 2017;
    (*) V-Ray: Scene renders brighter when there is glass at the windows;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Crash during ActiveShade with a scene with instanced VRayProxy;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Crash with time slider and motion blurred meshes;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Error when rendering RT DR with Max Frame buffer and Render Mask;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Matte for refl/refr of VRayMtlWrapper has no effect;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Mismatched Vertical Tilt correction compared to production renderer;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Noisy results with progressive sampler when Sub-pixel mapping is enabled;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Skew modifier on Standard cameras is ignored;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Unhandled exception when editing part of specific material used as Override during ActiveShade session;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Using Array tool during ActiveShade rendering causes missing objects in 3ds max 2017;
    (*) V-Ray RT: VRayIntancer crashes when rendering out of process;
    (*) V-Ray RT: When setting through the VFB the camera focus distance it gets messed if the user clicks on a dome light;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Add warning when using too many textures per material with on-demand textures;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Artifacts with shadow catcher;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Bitmap aperture is not rendered with CUDA;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Broken shader with dirt as layer weight;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Can't use more than 1 triplanar texture for bump;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Crash with Distance texture;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Difference in transparency between RT CPU and GPU in specific scene;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Different shader result in scene with complex procedural texture tree;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Hair is rendered very slow with light cache.;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: OCL device select tool doesn't save changes on some computers;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: On demand textures produce different result to Full Size with specific scene;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Only the initial image of ifl sequence is used when the Bitmap or VRayHDRI map is linked to Output map;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Refraction volume is shaded differently compared to CPU;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Specific GLSL shader files produce error with CUDA;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Moving lights in 3ds Max is causing GPU memory leak;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Negative values for distribution of VRayDirt produce unexpected results;
    (*) VFB: Artifacts in Compare V-Ray Settings window from VFB History when resized;
    (*) VFB: Crash when lens effects Bloom mode is set to Render elements only;
    (*) VFB: Random crash when switching production renderer from V-Ray RT to V-Ray with open VFB;
    (*) VFB: Render region issues when set through MaxScript vrayVFBSetRegion function prior to rendering;
    (*) VFB: The width of History Settings window is not enough to display the whole "Completed Renders Only" checkbox label;
    (*) VFB: V-Ray RT settings are not saved in the history if set as production renderer;
    (*) VFB: Zooming the color corrections curve causes major lagging of the UI;
    (*) VRayClipper: Mesh clipper doesn't handle motion blur;
    (*) VRayClipper: More precise rendering with GI;
    (*) VRayClipper: Moving a mesh clipper during IPR session doesn't work correctly;
    (*) VRayOrnatrixMod/VRayHairFarmMod: Typo in dynamic_tessellation parameter (was dynamic_tesselation) in both UI and MaxScript;
    (*) VRayProxy: Mesh preview memory leak after 3.50.01;
    (*) VRayStochasticFlakesMtl: Shading produces blending artifact;
    (*) VRayToon: Crashes when rendering with VRayScatter;
    (*) VRayToon: Produces artifacts when width map is set;
    (*) VRayToon: Removing objects from VRayToon exclude list sometimes removes wrong objects;
    (*) VRayToon: The Remove button of VRayToon exclude list becomes inactive when multiple toon effects are applied;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Crash when previewing or rendering a cache where the ID channel cannot be uncompressed;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Deleting a volume grid object and then rendering causes a crash;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Exporting a VRScene with volume grid object calculates light and particle pre-passes;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Broken Lighting and Specular render elements for reflective/refractive geometry;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Lights that were in the scene before creating a new volume grid object are added to its exclude list;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Ocean Rendering hangs at low altitude when the container is far away;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Slow creating and deleting of many lights from the scene;

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Kazandzhiev
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Thanks for this update .
    I've tried to download the new beta from download section on the site, but I couldn't find it !? and under Release type there is only "Official Release" and "All" options no beta
    Do I need to send a request or something to get it -I don't recall that was neccessary for beta 1 ,no ?
    Best regards,
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
    Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

That's some pretty massive changelog.

By the way, these still doesn't seem to be working for me (using the official Beta 2 release):

Originally posted by alexander.kazandzhiev View Post
      Hello,
      Here is the changelog:
      Build 3.50.02 (beta) (11.01.2017)
      ==============

Modified features:
      (*) V-Ray: Restore the 3ds Max project folder after DR render;

Bug fixes:
      (*) V-Ray: Artifacts with adaptive lights and VRayFastSSS2 material;
      For the problem with VRayFastSSS2 and Adaptive lights, please refer to this thread.
      Last edited by Alex_M; 14-01-2017, 05:45 PM.
      Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Hello M.Max,

the builds are with the same access rights as the beta 1. They are accessible to all users with V-Ray 3 license. I have checked with several accounts here and it looks OK.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Hello, Alex_M, as in the other thread, this is fixed for Raytraced mode only

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Originally posted by alexander.kazandzhiev View Post
            Hello M.Max,

the builds are with the same access rights as the beta 1. They are accessible to all users with V-Ray 3 license. I have checked with several accounts here and it looks OK.

Best regards,
            Alexander
            Thanx Alexander but I'm sorry I couldn't find it ..I feel that I am doing something stupid, but here is where I am looking for it , is it the right place or it is somewhere else ? :
            https://download.chaosgroup.com/?os=...orm_version=59
            Thanks Again .
            Best regards,
            -------------------------------------------------------------
            Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
            Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

It would be best to email our support guys at support@chaosgroup.com - they will help you out with the downloads.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Are there docs made for the new beta 2 features? I was just using color2bump and wanted to see what the delta scale was all about.

Nevermind, I found it...I didn't realize it had been out for adv and documented.
                Last edited by biochemical_animations; 17-01-2017, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Can vMaterials be used by VRayMDLMtl? http://www.nvidia.com/object/vmaterials.html

A "Could not load module" error is shown on Compiler Output.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                  oakcorp.net
                  v-ray.jp

Comment

Vray team,
                    Any update on the final release date for Vray 3.5?
                    Thank you,
                    Garth

Comment

Originally posted by garth100 View Post
                      Vray team,
                      Any update on the final release date for Vray 3.5?
                      Zdravko already answered this question in this thread. To be honest I hope they don't rush it. I would much rather they release it a month from now in a polished state instead of having it tomorrow with a bunch of bugs and limitations.
                      Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Got it. Currently I am using Vray nightly(2017011 vray_adv_35501. I think thats Beta 2.
                        Thank you,
                        Garth

Comment

Originally posted by garth100 View Post
                          Got it. Currently I am using Vray nightly(2017011 vray_adv_35501. I think thats Beta 2.
                          nope , Beta 2 is 3.50.02 / 27156

Comment

Yes, 3.50.02 is the beta 2 build the official build equals 27146, the consecutive builds with this version number (3.50.02) are nightlies from the same branch, in other words, they already contain some of the changes, that will be included in the next official 3.50 build.
                            Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

I hope they will do a Beta 3 to get the last kinks out of the software before releasing 3.5
                              https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Working...
                              X