V-Ray 3.60 available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olly View Post
    Now all we need is the ability to denoise render elements please...
    Yes, we are working on this.

Best regards,
    Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Nice update,

Did you guys fix the dome light vs light portals issues in this version? i.e. making dome light work as fast as portals. Or fixing the light portals/phys cam exposure bug?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by vmulhem View Post
        Did you guys fix the dome light vs light portals issues in this version? i.e. making dome light work as fast as portals.
        We have a solution that we are working on, but it wasn't ready for this release. My goal is to remove the need for portal lights altogether in the future.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Hi,

I have a small but annoying problem with VRay 3.6 and max2018.1:
          Whatever I do, saving maxstartUI, workspace etc, each time I start max, Vray Toolbar and Phoenix Toolbar always reappear !!!

Any idea how to hide them at startup ? Of course preferences save ui on exit is checked

Comment

Will see what can be done about it. The whole UI of 3ds Max 2018 changed, and the toolbar API is completely different so maybe we overlooked something.

Bets regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Initial tests resulting in a 19% increase in render speed using hybrid...this was using a 3770K to help out. Well done!

Just a note to hydrid users...watch your temps and power useage. I had to increase my cpu fan speeds on my ws and I overloaded a ups (no damage as I was watching and shut things down before disaster)...my power supplies were able to handle things, but I had to re-route some power to take the burden off the overloaded ups.

More initial test, my 4790K nodes produced a 21% increase in render speed using hybrid.
              Last edited by biochemical_animations; 27-06-2017, 08:56 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

A big thank you for yet another great update. Right of the bat my rt gpu renders are 10% faster, and 20% in hybrid mode!
                Did you fix the no alpha after vraydenoise problem?
                www.nikand.com
                3D Freelance

Comment

Originally posted by flipbook View Post
                  Just checking if the workflow for the light select is correct. In the video one light is added and set to Full, press render and it lists all lights in the element drop down box. Was this bit sped up a split second and you still have to add an element per light. The video makes it seem like it will add all lights to their own element.. Just trying it out now
                  The render element list is already filled with LightSelect elements before he adds that last one for the VRaySun.

Comment

This look like an amazing update!
                    Question from a jealous Maya user: What version of Maya will cryptomatte in? Is it in the current nightlies or stable perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by sharktacos View Post
                      Question from a jealous Maya user: What version of Maya will cryptomatte in? Is it in the current nightlies or stable perhaps?
                      For various reasons this was easier done in 3ds Max, but the goal is to have it for the 3.6 update of V-Ray for Maya as well. One of our developers is working on the Maya implementation right now and I hope it will be available in the nightlies very soon.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Working...
                      X