Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.60.02 for 3ds Max is available

Hello,

We've add some fixes to the initial release of 3.60. The builds may be found in the downloads section. Here is the changelog:

Build 3.60.02 (official) (12 July 2017)
    ==============

Modified features:
    (*) V-Ray: Environment variables to control V-Ray log file location and copy it into the 3ds Max log (VRAY_SYSTEM_LOG_FILE, VRAY_LOG_CC_TO_DEBUGGER);
    (*) V-Ray: Increase the upper bounds of the Max Transp. Levels parameter;
    (*) V-Ray: Submitting network rendering jobs with region render enabled should issue an warning;
    (*) VFB: Add MAXScript VFB position control function (vfbControl #pos)
    (*) V-Ray Toolbar: Reset the flyout button to "V-Ray Material";
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Add the ability to attach Bitmap texmap to shader tweaks;
    (*) VRayMultiSubTex: Display the actual IDs for VRayMultiSubTex node slots in the Slate Material Editor;

Bug fixes:
    (*) V-Ray: Crash when saving VRayCryptoMatte through VFB's save buttons;
    (*) V-Ray: Disappearing geometry with VRayBlendMtl, Motion Blur and Forest Pack;
    (*) V-Ray: Each time 3ds Max 2018 is started V-Ray Toolbar reappears;
    (*) V-Ray: Receive GI multiplier is not working in Full mode VRayLightSelect render element;
    (*) V-Ray: The 3ds Max Hair and Fur modifier doesn't render in 3ds Max 2018;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Crashes when using Forest Color in Forest Pack with VRayProxy;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Nested VRayLightMtl with direct illumination enabled is not rendered with V-Ray RT;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Artifacts when rendering using OpenCL with more than one device;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: NaNs occurring in VRayLightSelect render element when using Light Cache;
    (*) VRayCryptoMatte: Incorrect hashes are generated for objects with non-Latin characters;
    (*) VRayMDL/VRayOSL/VRayGLSL: Shader tweaks are not animatable;
    (*) VRayMDL/VRayOSL/VRayGLSL: World to camera and camera to world transformations are wrong;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Wrong rendering of nested volumes with different IOR;
    (*) VRayOrnatrixMod: Ornatrix hair does not render with V-Ray RT when loaded through an XRef object;
    (*) VRayOSLMtl/VRayOSLTex: Edit box for string parameters are not working;
    (*) V-Ray scene converter: Special characters in XML values should be escaped;

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Kazandzhiev
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

"(*) V-Ray: Disappearing geometry with VRayBlendMtl" I just ran into this a couple hours ago and had thought I had problems with my geometry but when not using blend it was fine. down loading the update now TYVM!!
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

the problem with forest pack still persists. take a look a this video:

https://vimeo.com/226904748

with the previous version of vray was worst, the latest vray version (3.602) worked a bit better but didn't fix the whole problem.

pass: itoo
      Surrealismo
      https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

There will be a 3.60.03 a bit later this week that definitively fixes the issue (it is also already fixed in the stable 3.6 builds on the nightly builds server). Sorry for the troubles - this was because of some optimization that we tried to do, but it doesn't work correctly for Forest Pack.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thank you vlado!
          Surrealismo
          https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

3.60.03 seems to be out fyi
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
            X