V-Ray 3.60.04 for 3ds Max is available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.60.04 for 3ds Max is available for download

Hi, there is a new build of V-Ray for 3ds Max released with more fixes, you can find it in the downloads. The changelog follows:

Build 3.60.04 (official) (17 November 2017)
    ==============

Modified features:
    (*) V-Ray: The V-Ray log file should contain information on the V-Ray plugins that are loaded;
    (*) V-Ray: More user-friendly licensing error messages;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Support for V-Ray Dirt "Consider same object only";
    (*) VFB: Add checkbox to keep the aspect ratio of the VFB background image;

Bug fixes:
    (*) V-Ray: Caustics on motion-blurred objects may be blurred incorrectly;
    (*) V-Ray: Color corrections should not be applied to certain render elements;
    (*) V-Ray: Crash if license is missing during saving scene;
    (*) V-Ray: Crash on rendering consecutive frames when rendering within an Windows service;
    (*) V-Ray: Crash with matte objects, GI and diffuse materials;
    (*) V-Ray: Deactivate VRayDenoiser when rendering without memory frame buffer;
    (*) V-Ray: Holes in unfiltered zdepth pass with Golaem crowds;
    (*) V-Ray: Issues with specific IES lights profiles with orientation and symmetry;
    (*) V-Ray: Missing Brazilian Portuguese localization defaults for 3ds Max 2018;
    (*) V-Ray: Reflect on back is ignored when brdf type is GGX and glossiness is less than 1.0;
    (*) V-Ray: Render setting are not printed properly in vraylog.txt;
    (*) V-Ray: Some controls in the UI of materials and textures have darker background in 3ds Max 2017 and later;
    (*) V-Ray: When quiet mode is on - don't display messages about exceptions;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: 3ds Max crash with empty VRayScene object in IPR;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: 3ds Max crash when VRayScene with override material is selected for mesh light creation;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Crash when copying VRayLights with a texture;
    (*) V-Ray RT: "fire_opacity_mode" parameter isn't exported to .vrscenes by VRayVolumeGrid;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Add missing modes to VRaySamplerInfo render element;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Alpha as Gray for the RGB Channel Output of the bitmap node is ignored;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Displacement map in VRayMtl is making the VRayPlane invisible;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Region render warning pops up while DR is disabled;
    (*) V-Ray RT: SamplerInfo render element should not affect sampling;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Wrong "Relative to bbox" displacement;
    (*) V-Ray RT: Wrong region rendering in loaded scene with saved region;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Crash with specific scene with clipped geometry;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Crash when rendering a scene with Composite texmap;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Graphic driver stops responding on a specific scene using CUDA and freeze 3ds Max;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Wrong screen mapping for textures assigned to the Environment slot;
    (*) VFB: Compare V-Ray Settings VFB option fails to compare some parameters lately;
    (*) VFB: Copy to clipboard should copy the final corrected image with the background;
    (*) VFB: Glare lens effect is not applied if OCL initialization fails during hardware accelerated lens effects;
    (*) VFB: The VFB should respect the EXR data window (ROI) for VFB Background image;
    (*) VFB: Wrong exposure applied with saved settings;
    (*) VRayFur: 3ds Max crash after undo creation from the panel;
    (*) VRayHairFarmMod: Material diffuse texmap is not rendered on Hair Farm hair;
    (*) VRayInstancer: Wrong motion blur when using PRT Source objects for particle source;
    (*) VRayLight: Some irrelevant options of the Dome light must be greyed out;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Artifacts with normal bump;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Crash when default texture files are not found;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Fix bump normal modification for GGX;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Incorrect rendering of vMaterials\Design\Plastic\Transparent.mdl;
    (*) VRayMDLMtl: Incorrect rendering of with vMaterials\Design\Gems\tourmaline.mdl;
    (*) VRayNormalMap: Incorrect result with displacement;
    (*) VRayOSLMtl/VRayOSLTex: Crash when entering a string in a string tweak;
    (*) VRayOSLMtl/VRayOSLTex: Wrong render of VRayOSLMtl with sub-texmaps in scene with both OSL materials and texmaps present;
    (*) VRayToon: outline bordering different elements of the same object is rendered differently in V-Ray RT;
    (*) VRayTriplanarTex: Artifacts appear when rendering noisy bitmap texture used for bump;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Keyed Playback Mode parameter doesn't render as expected during sequence render;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: After loading a cache or simulating, CPU usage remains high on machines with many threads;
    (*) V-Ray Light Lister: Error appears on Refresh after undo creation of light instance;

Unfortunately the issue with the freezing VFB discussed here: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...-3-6-vfb-hangs
    is not fixed yet. We are working with Autodesk to figure out exactly what happens.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Last edited by alexander.kazandzhiev; 23-11-2017, 06:32 AM. Reason: Wrong changelog was provided
    Alexander Kazandzhiev
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

loads of fixes, thanks !

Comment

Thanks so much Chaosgroup!

Comment

Always happy to see an update. Thank you!

It looks like you missed a UI element for "(*) V-Ray: Some controls in the UI of materials and textures have darker background in 3ds Max 2017 and later"...the "An. rotation" in the VrayMtl Maps Rollout still has the dark background. Whoo hooo on the others - it makes it so much better to look at.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Will check about it, thanks for the pointer!
          Alexander Kazandzhiev

Comment

Is this version fix this issue: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...rking-vray-adv
            Best regards,
            Jackie Teh
            --

3ds max design 2023, V-Ray 6, Update 2 [6.20.03 build 32455]
            AMD Threadripper 1950X @3.40 GHz | 64GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3070 ti
            Email: info@sporadicstudio.com
            YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SporadicStudio

Comment

Thanks for the update, any insight into the freezing VFB issue when rendering? I appreciate you guys are working on finding a fix but any interim fixes I can try? I am more then happy to give it go as its so frustrating and heavily effects our workflow. For me the whole PC locks up, no matter if progressive or bucket. Sometimes if I am lucky it unfreezes and I can press cancel. But 95% of the time the only way I can cancel a render is by force closing 3ds Max via the task manager which is not ideal at all

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by JamesCutler View Post
                Thanks for the update, any insight into the freezing VFB issue when rendering?
                There is the workaround in the topic about it - https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...884#post975884

Best regards,
                Yavor
                Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Hi
                  A question, because this a on line licence, can i install on the office pc and the home pc.
                  I have been using Corona due to the unreliability of the VPN licence.

Comment

Originally posted by philip kelly View Post
                    Hi
                    A question, because this a on line licence, can i install on the office pc and the home pc.
                    I have been using Corona due to the unreliability of the VPN licence.
                    Surely the use of a VPN, which disguises you identity online, would prevent VRay's online licensing from recognising your system. Never used a VPN myself but sounds like a problem to me...However I could be wrong

Comment

Working...
                    X