Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray for 3ds Max 2019

Hi all,

We have added builds of V-Ray for 3ds Max 2019 to the current releases of V-Ray for 3ds Max in the downloads sections.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Kazandzhiev
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

When I saw the word update in my email, I immediately thought VRay 4.02.03. However it is not exactly an update, more an additional build of the current version for Max 2019. I got all excited then, but, to be totally honest, since it is unlikely that I will ever upgrade to 2019, the excitement soon faded. However it is nice to see Autodesk, getting together with so many plugin developers from the outset, rather than users having to wait and wait for their favourite plugins to be made compatible.. but as long as Vray continues to function alongside my rather aged but preferred and in my honest opinion, most stable version Max 2014, then I am happy...Keep up the great work

Comment

So quick this time. Thanks a lot to the whole chaosgroup team!

Normally I'd give max some time after first release for bug hunting and so on. But this time I'm really keen to get my hands on the new OSL shaders. I think this is by far the best and the biggest addition of the past years.

Comment

Is this based on the release 3.6.04 or a later nightlies version ? Not sure we`ll risk going to 2019 this early given Autodesk`s track record, just curious.
        thanks
        anthonyh

Comment

Originally posted by andy51 View Post
          When I saw the word update in my email, I immediately thought VRay 4.02.03. However it is not exactly an update, more an additional build of the current version for Max 2019.
          Yes, it's just a recompile. Beta 3 for V-Ray Next is coming out next week with up to 2x faster GPU rendering, new lighting analysis tools and support for layered Alembic caches.

Best regards,
          Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado, will ceratianly be looking forward to that.

Comment

My plan is to push out psd-manager 4 for 2019 next week (which depends on the V-Ray SDK).
              Update: psd-manager 4.0.2 is now available.

Thank you Vlado for providing the V-Ray Beta builds.

Best Regards,
              Daniel Schmidt - psd-manager Developer
              Last edited by dans; 04-04-2018, 05:30 PM.
              Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                ....Beta 3 for V-Ray Next is coming out next week with up to 2x faster GPU rendering...

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Yay! I've been very happy with Beta2, but Beta3 sounds even BETTER! Can't wait to try it it out
                Thanks for all the hard work guys
                Kind Regards,
                Morne

Comment

For once we have the vray2019 compilation...even before having the 3ds 2019 release... cool !

Comment

Originally posted by muoto View Post
                    For once we have the vray2019 compilation...even before having the 3ds 2019 release... cool !
                    Yeah, that's kind of funny. Release times are always stressful though, we'll see how the V-Ray Next release goes in a few weeks

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      we'll see how the V-Ray Next release goes in a few weeks
                      A few weeks only?! Jesus, nice, I expected at least a couple of months! Nice.

Software:
                      Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
                      3ds Max 2016 SP4
                      V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
                      Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
                      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
                      64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Working...
                      X