V-Ray Next Documentation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Next Documentation

The V-Ray Next docs are now public. I know a lot of people could have used the docs earlier in the beta, but we needed to make some internal changes that while in the works would have made the experience unpleasant. There are some new docs features - interactive examples and floating page menus.

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY4MAX/VRayMtl

Please note the "development area" banner and a "beta access" logo. There are still some changes to come when the final Next version is released, more specifically to the setup, installation and licensing sections. We'll also be updating a few other sections on the go, so please keep that in mind. We'll also be updating a lot of the page contents to match our new example styles. I just hope that whatever information we have out there is of some use to people using the beta.

Thank you for understanding and let me know if you spot something wrong with the docs.
    Last edited by yolov; 30-04-2018, 11:57 AM.
    Alex Yolov
    QA
    www.chaosgroup.com

I was looking for explanation of a new Metalness parameter, but cant find it.
    Intel Core i7 5960X @ 4GHz, 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB @ 2GHz, Windows 10 Pro
    2x Intel Xeon E5-2630v4 2.4GHz, 64GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro
    -------------------------
    2D | 3D | web | video
    jiri.matys@gmail.com
    https://cz.linkedin.com/in/jiří-matys-195a41a0

Comment

We're working on it. The current docs reflect what's in Beta 3 and the metalness is only in the nightlies for now (until the official release comes out). The nightlies have a useful tooltip about the metalness parameters, but we want to add some useful examples on top of that in the docs. Once that's done, we'll make the content public.
      Alex Yolov
      QA
      www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
      X