V-Ray Next Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Next Announced

I have been seeing posts on other forums all day about V-Ray Next being officially released today. I feel like I am on an island of unloved toys. Is there somewhere this has officially been announced?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Hey Bobby,

The actual release is next week; as always we will post on the forum as soon as the builds are officially available.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks. The way all the headlines read was it was officially released. Good old click bait, I suppose.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Free update for 3.60.xx users ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raph4 View Post
          Free update for 3.60.xx users ?
          I guess you never saw the new pricing.. but the answer is yes, if you just bought it and no if you bought it before the price change. Pretty reasonable upgrade price though.. After all l, many companies do free minor upgrades but not so many do free major ones

Comment

Hi,

I am already seeing V-Ray Next for 3ds Max – Now Available video up on YouTube, yet there is no upgrade to be bought anywhere on the chaosgroup.com store...

Comment

That video is on Chaos Group TV and was only uploaded today. Maybe if you wait a while, you will see a more official announcement here. I already see a link in the head of the homepage to downwload the 30 days trial
              Last edited by andy51; 22-05-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Well it seems to be out. You can buy next annual or perpetual license in their store:
                https://store.chaosgroup.com/product...cial#perpetual

Though I don't think you can buy upgrades through it at least when checking the upgrade options through the pricing page on the main site they refer you to resellers.
                https://www.chaosgroup.com/vray/3ds-max#pricing
                Cheers,
                Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

I just found the upgrade from 3 to Next online, from the same reseller I originally purchased it from, and it's on promotion too, which means slightly lower price. So fingers crossed end of this month, I will finally get my hands on it

Comment

Oh, that's unfortunate. I was hoping the resellers would end up being a thing of the past...

Comment

Nothing wrong with resellers in my opinion, especially if they can give you a nice discount. So I 'm not sure what is unfortunate about them. However it does seem strange that you can buy certain things online, such as a new workstation license, but if you want to add seats, you have to go via a reseller and rentals can all be done online, but upgrades have to go through a reseller.. Doesn't bother me though and I am sure there must be a logically reason for them

Comment

Usually, a middleman means more money. I am not sure of the benefit to the consumer with a reseller.
                        Bobby Parker
                        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                          Usually, a middleman means more money. I am not sure of the benefit to the consumer with a reseller.
                          Well that may be true in some cases. For instance I got an email from CGArchitect, announcing the release and availability of V-Ray Next. However, the price for the upgrade, though their site, after conversion, was higher, than the stated retail price on Chaos Groups website. HOWEVER, the price from the company I first purchased V-Ray from, is lower. So I guess it is up to the customer, to find the reseller, that offers the best price. But I do see your point and yes, most selling via a middle man, usually means you pay more.. but not always

Comment

Dam, this looks good! fingers crossed the gpu rendering now is up to par with the other gpu renderers out there
                            Architectural and Product Visualization at MITVIZ
                            http://www.mitviz.com/
                            http://mitviz.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/shawnmitford/

i7 5960@4 GHZm, 64 gigs Ram, Geforce gtx 970, Geforce RTX 2080 ti x2

Comment

Originally posted by mitviz View Post
                              Dam, this looks good! fingers crossed the gpu rendering now is up to par with the other gpu renderers out there
                              I really hope that it still is not to par with GPU renders. And that it still is better than all those.

Best,
                              Blago.

V-Ray fan.
                              Looking busy around GPUs ...
                              RTX ON

Comment

Working...
                              X