No announcement yet.

VrayDR (start/stop) utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that I noticed, is that pressing the start process in the max net render bit, it actually launches the vrayspawner app, and not server.exe.
    I presume max net render means backburner, as the vray stuff has its own category over this one.
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

for me the command line works fine
      the GUI doesn't
      i tried it on win2K machines

checked the environment path for pstools
      the max path
      tried with alternative login and without
      no errors
      just blinks once and doesn't do anything ...
      Keep Going!

Comment

Well, this all sounded like just what I needed. Looks great. However, I can't get the thing to work (I have edited the two files and copied all the little PSTools files into C:\Windows), and looking down all these posts has totally confused me.

Ah well.
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket
        ----------------------------------->
        http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Drop by IRC if you can, if not toss me an email, and we'll see if we can't help you out eh?

/dave.
          Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

I'm having troubles getting this working.

Before i found this I was trying to create my own .bat files to do this, but I still don't even know what needs to be killed/started in what order.

I am also curious why you didn't use the taskkill command? It seems to be the same thing but has some additional commands like you can filter it to be a window name. This would allow for you to not kill a network render if that was going on. I'm not sure if your tool does that.

I can get everything to work using command prompt, but the utility isn't loggin in for some reason. All the computers have the same login and password. Any hints for this?

And when is Chaos going to make their own utility? It doesn't really seem to be that hard to create. Although....it would be nice if DR didn't mess up in the first place.

Comment

mostly because i simply didn't know about the taskkill

i also didn't know about using cmd.exe with the /start command to be able to run commands on remote machines with the remote machines logon credentials.. that would have removed the whole need for the login..

learning new tricks

Sadly, I haven't been doing renderings much for the past 6 months or so so my drive to make toys to speed up life is shrinking.

Sorry for the ridiculously long time to reply, just remembered this thread since someone linked me here

Comment

PsTools doesn't work with XP64. We've been using scripts for a bunch of the DBR/Backburner stuff for the farm but can't execute them from the XP64 workstations so I was wondering if anyone knows any work-arounds or other options? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by bhchllc
                  PsTools doesn't work with XP64. We've been using scripts for a bunch of the DBR/Backburner stuff for the farm but can't execute them from the XP64 workstations so I was wondering if anyone knows any work-arounds or other options? Cheers.
                  Yes it does, I've been using it for over a year with no problems.

Make sure you have the pstools folder included in the system path.

Comment

Sorry...

I'm using Windows XP 64 on a domain and I don't understand the way to install this utility...

Simple Exemple with my workstation and a render machine...

1 ) I copy PSTools into the C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64 folder of the two machines... then resart...

2 ) Then I lauch the Slave_Utils_v10.4.hta.htm and he create 2 file on my desktop :

computers.ini
                    SlaveutilsOptions.ini

3 ) In the computers.ini file I add 127.0.0.1 and the name of the render machine (sincity005) like this :

sincity005

4 ) I launch 3DSMax 8... for a simple test

5) I run Slave_Utils_v10.4.hta.htm

6 ) I select 127.0.0.1 machine and I kill 3dsmax.exe...

And nothing append...

Please can someone help me...

We use 19 rendermachines... And I thinks this tools is the solutions of many of our problems...

But I don't know how to use it...

Please... Some one help...
                    My Flickr

Comment

I Haven't tried it on any of the 64bit windows, but i know of at least one person who is using it just fine in that environment.

Most likely you just have the sysinternals commandline tools in the wrong directory. you can see what directories are available to put them in by looking in the Environment Variables section.

to find that, right click on 'My Computer', go to the 'Advanced' tab, on the bottom should be a button for 'Environment Variables'.

in that window, in the lower section 'System Variables' will be an entry called Path.. if you edit that, you can see a list of directories that are in the system path. if you put the pstools exe's in any directory that is included in there it should work.

i'd always intended to make one that included the tools built in since its not terribly hard to do, but i find that the tools still do most of what i wish to do so i haven't worked on them in ages :P

Comment

I put the PSTOOLS into the backburer path... Visible in the Environment Variables section... And it's the same...

I'm not able to do anything...

I low the security level on local intranet Internet explorer... Same problem... I even change 127.0.0.1 by my workstation name... Nothing appen...

When I try to Kill 3dsmax.exe I select 127.0.0.1 then I click on Kill 3dsmax

IE found an error :

Line : 222
                        Char : 3
                        Error: Active X component can't create object : 'Get object'
                        Code : 0
                        URL : file//C:\Documents and Settings\fc\Desktop\Slave_Utils_v10.4.hta.htm

Any Idea...

Best regards...
                        My Flickr

Comment

I try to restart one of our machine with the command line to see if the pstools works fine... And there is no problem...

PSTOOLS work fine on every machine in our network.

No problem with Environment Variables.

I even try the "script" with IE 7.0 and it return the same error...
                          Line 222 etc...

Best regards...
                          My Flickr

Comment

Hmm.. Interesting.

start, run, services.msc.. and see if you have a 'Windows Management Instrumentation' service.. and if it is started or not.

Comment

Originally posted by dbuchhofer
                              Hmm.. Interesting.

start, run, services.msc.. and see if you have a 'Windows Management Instrumentation' service.. and if it is started or not.
                              Service Started...

I work on a domain, all user are local administrator...

Best regards...
                              My Flickr

Comment

Hmm. I'm not sure quite what else to try for you sadly, the whole thing is built basically from parts taken from the Microsoft script center. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...r/default.mspx

There are a lot of interesting toys in there and many many different ways to do the same thing. hta is definitely not the ideal way to build a tool such as this, there are a lot of security lockdowns that hold over associated from the web that tie it down.

Comment

Working...
                                X