No announcement yet.

VrayDR (start/stop) utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more quick update.. not much changed other than the loop is in dos now instead of in maxscript, so there is only 1 dos window opened for handling multiple machines.

also, threw it on scriptspot since i haven't heard any reply as to people having problems yet.. http://scriptspot.com/3ds-max/server-utilities

Cheers.
    Last edited by dbuchhofer; 24-07-2009, 03:26 PM.
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Anything for 2010? It looks like a great tool.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• as far as i know the maxscript version should work fine in 2010, if you have any issues let me know.

I confess i haven't felt the need to update to 2010 yet, so i haven't tested it out

Comment

• Just tried this.. freezes Max everytime, have to restart....
          Alain Blanchette
          www.pixistudio.com

Comment

• I don't have any problems with max freezing... but I do have another issue.

Our Max installation is in Program Files. so the working_directory variable in the script calls the long file name path to the pstools and breaks. I think it needs to be in quotes?

When pressing the Process List button for instance:

Code:
            'C:\Program' is not recongnized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
            Changing Line374 to:
            Code:
            pstoolsdos server "cmd.exe" command:(" /K " +"\"" +((working_directory)+"\\pslist.exe\" \\\\") + server) dir:sysInfo.systemdir()
            does the trick for that button... but I'm not certain on how to fis the issue in your functions.

Comment

• ... any chance to uninstall it ?

My max startup is getting slower and i have to figure out why

Comment

• It shouldn't make any difference to the startup, as there isn't anything thats run until you actually call the script

but you can manually remove it by deleting the folder 3DSMAX\scripts\ServerUtilities, and ServerUtilities.mcr from UI\Macroscripts

Comment

• Originally posted by jonahhawk View Post
                  I don't have any problems with max freezing... but I do have another issue.

Our Max installation is in Program Files. so the working_directory variable in the script calls the long file name path to the pstools and breaks. I think it needs to be in quotes?

When pressing the Process List button for instance:

Code:
                  'C:\Program' is not recongnized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
                  Changing Line374 to:
                  Code:
                  pstoolsdos server "cmd.exe" command:(" /K " +"\"" +((working_directory)+"\\pslist.exe\" \\\\") + server) dir:sysInfo.systemdir()
                  does the trick for that button... but I'm not certain on how to fis the issue in your functions.
                  jonan, My appologies, i had fixed that months ago, but had never updated the link on the first page of this thread. try the .85 version and it should behave with normal paths!

Comment

• Originally posted by dbuchhofer View Post
                    It shouldn't make any difference to the startup, as there isn't anything thats run until you actually call the script

but you can manually remove it by deleting the folder 3DSMAX\scripts\ServerUtilities, and ServerUtilities.mcr from UI\Macroscripts
                    good to know, i was not shure if it starts anything in the background ... and before i run into troubles ..

thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                    X