Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with live VR preview (vray next GPU) and Oculus Rift or HTC Vive

Hi,

I´m wondering if someone has a similar problem. I´m trying to get the live preview working with 3Ds Max 2019, vray next and a HTC Vive Pro or Oculus Rift.
    I´ve followed the online tips for the setup and within 3Ds Max all works fine, but I can´t get a preview to be shown within any of the VR headsets. It´s becoming
    shaky and I can see artifacts, but it´s not showing the preview while rendering as supposed. This has worked before (I tested a year ago) but not anymore.

The setup is 3Ds Max 2019, vray next, GTX 970, Win10, 16 GB Ram. The VR headsets are working fine when doing anything else VR...

Any ideas ?

Best regards,
    Martin
    ---
    About VIZPARK - www.vizpark.com

VIZPARK is a Autodesk authorized developer of 3Ds max plugins and high quality 3D models for professional 3D artists.

Will check it out, thanks for the pointer.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks. Let me know if you need any further information, screencap or anything...
      ---

VIZPARK is a Autodesk authorized developer of 3Ds max plugins and high quality 3D models for professional 3D artists.

Comment

Hi,

I've tested a couple of scenes and they work fine for me. Can you send your scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can investigate it?
        Note that you should not use the same graphics adapter for CUDA rendering and VR display. Doing so will result in framedrops and poor VR experience.

Best Regards,
        Vasil Minkov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thanks a lot for investigating. I still can´t make this work. In this documentation: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...to+VR+Headsets it says that I should start vray in "ActiveShade" mode but this is not available in my max. Attached is a screenshot:

So, am I doing something wrong somehow ?

Cheers,
          Martin
          ---

Comment

Ooooh, I just realized that I need to start the IPR from within the vray panel when the Production Renderer is selected. Now it works all great!
            So for everyone who might have a similar problem, do this:

Select
            TARGET: Production Rendering Mode
            RENDERER: VRAY GPU Next

Then use "Start IPR" within the vray panel. Don´t try to work in "TARGET: ActiveShade" mode ...

Hope this helps others...

Cheers,
            Martin
            ---

Comment

Working...
            X