Vray and Material Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray and Material Library

I was in Vlados presentation at Siggraph 2019 and he referenced the new Material Library thats coming soon to 3ds Max. Do we have any more information on this? This libary could be huge for our workflow.

Thanks!

That would be nice because it has been requested for literally at least a decade. Sigershaders has been silent for months; several of my emails have gone unanswered over the months, so maybe there is some kind of deal being worked out.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      That would be nice because it has been requested for literally at least a decade. Sigershaders has been silent for months; several of my emails have gone unanswered over the months, so maybe there is some kind of deal being worked out.
      no.
      But it's being worked on.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
        no.
        But it's being worked on.
        "It", being Sigershaders coming under Chaos flag somehow, or you mean "it", being Chaos's own independant materials, nothing to do with sigershaders?

Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Considering the post i replied to, "it" means we have not stricken a deal with SS (that i know of), and rather we are actively working on our own library and material system, independently, as mentioned in the first post.
          I wonder where this idea of shopping for tech comes from, historically, for Chaos.
          Lele
          ----------------------

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

It was just a thought.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
              Considering the post i replied to, "it" means we have not stricken a deal with SS (that i know of), and rather we are actively working on our own library and material system, independently, as mentioned in the first post.
              I wonder where this idea of shopping for tech comes from, historically, for Chaos.
              Well,..Corona? Haha j/k. Sigershader material library is 'cool' but not really robust and I don't really like the workflow either. I'm looking forward to what you guys came up with. I'm wondering, since I was about to look into a better material library but haven't found a proper one yet, is it worth the wait or are we far away from an actual releasable product? 3dsMax default library is way too slow and each time he has to 'render' the materials again if I open up a library. I'm looking into Project Manager atm to see if this is a good candidate.
              Last edited by Vizioen; 23-08-2019, 06:45 AM.
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

Well,..Corona? Haha j/k. Sigershader material library is 'cool' but not really robust and I don't really like the workflow either. I'm looking forward to what you guys came up with. I'm wondering, since I was about to look into a better material library but haven't found a proper one yet, is it worth the wait or are we far away from an actual releasable product? 3dsMax default library is way too slow and each time he has to 'render' the materials again if I open up a library. I'm looking into Project Manager atm to see if this is a good candidate.
                Agreed, the default library is cancer.

From what I gathered at the conference, it appears to be a standalone library that should be coming very very soon. Vlado didnt discuss much on it as far as release goes but did share a screen shot of it.

Comment

Well, i can tell you it wasn't a mockup.

Ashley, ahah, touche'! XD
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

I like Sigershaders, but they don't add much. I would subscribe if it kept growing.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

The material library literally is just that - a collection of premade materials that you can import in 3ds Max and edit (or not) if needed as regular V-Ray materials; basically the same approach as the Corona library. The browser is our own, based on Qt, and it's fairly fast.

As far as content goes, the library is similar to the one we have in V-Ray for SketchUp/Rhino, but compatible with 3ds Max (*not* as .vrmat materials, which nobody really liked in Max).

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        The material library literally is just that - a collection of premade materials that you can import in 3ds Max and edit (or not) if needed as regular V-Ray materials; basically the same approach as the Corona library. The browser is our own, based on Qt, and it's fairly fast.

As far as content goes, the library is similar to the one we have in V-Ray for SketchUp/Rhino, but compatible with 3ds Max (*not* as .vrmat materials, which nobody really liked in Max).

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        Thanks for that info Vlado, will we be able to add our own materials to it?

Comment

Originally posted by spencerrayfitch View Post

Thanks for that info Vlado, will we be able to add our own materials to it?
                          Second that question. It would be great to have that feature, because the standard material library in Max is ancient and way outdated.
                          https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Is there an approximate time frame for this???

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUiErfgaIKg around 33:40
                              A.

---------------------
                              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                              X