Using VraySceneConverter in a Batch Operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using VraySceneConverter in a Batch Operation

I'd like to convert all of the Xfrog .max tree models I own from standard materials to Vray materials. I really don't want to open every single file and convert them manually, so I'm hoping there's a script out there that will open all the .max files in a given directory, convert the materials and then re-save the files. If I was a maxscript genius, I'm sure it'd be pretty straightforward, but I'm not Does a script like this exist?

Hi,

I made a batch script based on our vrayutils.ms - V-Ray Scene convert function.
    Just run it in 3ds Max (drag and drop the .ms file in Max UI) and choose the folder that contains all max scene files.
    Batch_MatConvert.zip

All files will be re-saved very quickly.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for your assistance! I've tried the script and it doesn't appear to be working. Running the script asks for a folder and then appears to be doing something. However, the files are unchanged after completion. Any thoughts? Can this script convert Standard materials inside Multi-sub materials?

Comment

Originally posted by jknott View Post
        Thank you for your assistance! I've tried the script and it doesn't appear to be working. Running the script asks for a folder and then appears to be doing something. However, the files are unchanged after completion. Any thoughts? Can this script convert Standard materials inside Multi-sub materials?
        The script from my previous post doesn't work with Multi/sub materials, but this one should do that:
        batch_MatConvert_001.zip

Comment

Thank you! That works great

Comment

Glad to hear that.

Comment

Working...
            X