Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denoiser with render to texture

Hi.

Is it somehow possible to use denoiser with baking textures? Doesn't seem to work.

/Mikko

The issue is not in the denoiser itself but in the way that 3dsMax handle texture backing.
    Render elements are not part of that process and since the Denoiser is a render element it cannot be exported and do its job.
    I'll discuss that matter with our Devs team and will let you know in case of any workarounds and etc.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Ok, thank you!

Comment

Getting it working over the UV seam lines might be tricky too I imagine?
        Maxscript made easy....
        davewortley.wordpress.com
        Follow me here:
        facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
          The issue is not in the denoiser itself but in the way that 3dsMax handle texture backing.
          Render elements are not part of that process and since the Denoiser is a render element it cannot be exported and do its job.
          I'll discuss that matter with our Devs team and will let you know in case of any workarounds and etc.
          Stupid and dumb question which maybe is really dumb to even propose.... but is it totally unreal to make the Denoiser part of the VFB? I'm not a coder so not sure. If that was done, could there be a work around so that the denoiser then uses elements rather than being an element in itself? It could save as part of the final package all of it denoised and if someone does not want their elements denoised, they can have an option to have the original ones as well, before denoising? Anyhow, there you go, my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
          X