Learn V-ray 5SRW advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn V-ray 5SRW advice?

Hey guys wanted some advice from those who have taken the course, been a vray user for a little over 9 years and been meaning to take this course to learn new techniques and maybe pickup new workflows. Do you guys recommend this course. Curious on your experiences? Thanks!!

Like everything I suppose, it depends on how you learn, what is your learning style? Personally, I learn kind of ad-hoc, so I can't imagine it would be effective for me. If you learn by watching videos, then it might be worth it, however, how much more can you learn with nine years of V-Ray experience? Nine years! You could be a surgeon in that amount of time and V-Ray is a software with a few buttons. I always tell people to study basic art and color theory, which will be of greater help, if your goal is to create better images.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I did the course when it first came out, it's a good course and Ciro is a great guy. Back then the videos were low res, that was my only gripe, but I really did learn so much - I'd been out of Visualisation for several years and it definitely helped me. But as Bobby says, if you've already got 9 years experience, I can't see how you'd be needing their help.
      Jez

------------------------------------
      3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
      Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
      ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

thanks for the info guys, its more to learn new techniques that maybe i haven't touched. But i do agree with learning more art, photography etc. That seems to play a big part on how your renders look. i should prob spend more time doing that. Thanks guys!

Comment

I think learning art, photography, drawing, etc, all that lovely stuff is all good and does no harm. For example, for me, I ought to practice using a wacom tablet a *lot* more than I do (used one recently and it was like I was a beginner).

There is so much to learn in our industry, honestly, I think if you've got 9 years V-Ray experience, more than me (and my renders are very good), I really can't see what you'll learn at 5SRW that you probably already know.

Maybe show us some of your renders and I will tell you if you could benefit from attending the course !
          Jez

3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE

Comment

Just noticed that some of the course is still using 2.5, but some of it is new content. Looks good, but I think money can be better spent elsewhere (or for me, I'd wait until they have updated all their content because I am sure the old 2.5 version will be a few years old (when I took the course).
            Jez

Comment

Working...
            X