X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max 2019

https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/the-...-3ds-max-2019/

pathetic

Actually I think the OSL stuff is pretty cool. People asked for more procedural textures, and this gives them so many possibilities. And it's fully integrated in Max - i.e. not just for rendering, but for viewport stuff like displacement, driving Forest Pack etc.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

See for example here:
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_emOrF-UE_0&sns=em

The OSL map is compatible with any renderer that supports the 3ds Max rendering API, so it's quite portable.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Last edited by vlado; 20-03-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I am oh so staying away from MAX 2019 for at least 6-months!
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          I am oh so staying away from MAX 2019 for at least 6-months!
          Well yes, sure But it does have some cool stuff. My biggest gripe is that the issue where you have to click twice on stuff in the render dialog is still not solved... it's super annoying.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            Well yes, sure But it does have some cool stuff. My biggest gripe is that the issue where you have to click twice on stuff in the render dialog is still not solved... it's super annoying.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            ​​​​
            I get that on MAX 2018
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

What's to complain about. I like the fact that I can lay in my bed now and decorate my scenes with my goggles on

Comment

The OSL stuff looks good. There will be some creative uses for it.
                The procedural wood texture looks really good as well.

I was hoping that the double click in the render dialog was going to be fixed! but looks like it hasn't.

Itoosoft will be releasing Forest Pack and Railclone on day 1 of the release so that is handy.
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I see lots of new features and additions there that I could use on regular basis ! Good release.
                  My only worry is about the annoying interface quirks that seem impossible for autodesk to fix even after several service packs. I rolled back to 2016 just because of that.

mekene

Comment

What is this clicking twice in the render dialog you speaketh of?

/Z

Comment

Originally posted by MasterZap View Post
                      What is this clicking twice in the render dialog you speaketh of?
                      Open the render dialog, assign V-Ray as the current renderer, go to the "Settings" tab and click the "Settings" button next to the "Distributed rendering" checkbox. Nothing happens on the first click. If you click it a second time, the DR settings dialog will open.

Next, click away from the Render Setup dialog to move the focus away from it. Then try clicking the edit box for the dynamic memory limit parameter in the Render Setup dialog, for example. The fist click on the edit box of a parameter only activates the "Render Setup" dialog itself, but doesn't move the focus to the spinner edit box. You have to click the edit box a second time to get the focus to switch to it so that you can type anything.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        ​​​​
                        And then all efforts on a new release go down the drain when bugs like this, which had to be dealt with in the very first update, remain unfixed for a whole release cycle. AD doesn't seem to even try anymore. I'm glad I reverted back and stayed with 2016. I would be super pissed if I had to constantly and meticulously check if settings in Render setup were updated or not. How about fixing glaring usability problems and modernizing the decades old core before tacking on some new flashy stuff that users will rarely use? I'm waiting to see what was hopelessly broken in 2019 as per AD's traditions before I even contemplate on transitioning. I won't hold my breath though knowing that the camera selection bug was not fixed for at least 2 releases.
                        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2 ( 6.20.02 )
                        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post

modernizing the decades old core
                          That's exactly what we are doing. We are moving all UI over the Qt. It's a slow, meticulous process. And here's the irony; this particular bug is caused by parts of the dialog being in Qt and other parts in old Win32 and someone fights over some silly focus message with the tab control...... lovely.

It's being looked at tho.

/Z

Comment

"We also made sure that in most cases, 3ds Max 2019 won?t steal focus from the desktop while starting up."

Well that's worth my yearly maintenance fee
                            Jez

------------------------------------
                            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

I still have trouble with the delete key not deleting stuff and the crossing window or full window selection marquees not working as expected on a consistent basis.
                              mark f.
                              openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

Working...
                              X