max 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gandhics View Post
    What does the new OSL map bring to the artist who can't/don't want to code?]
    My thoughts exactly.

That said, I'm excited that all the plugins I use will be available/supported right from the get-go.
    Last edited by Macker; 22-03-2018, 07:05 AM.
    Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

Well you can use OSL's from people who can/want to...
      Like the ~100 shipping with 2019.
      Last edited by Ihno; 22-03-2018, 07:13 AM.
      German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post

My thoughts exactly.

That said, I'm excited that all the plugins I use will be available/supported right from the get-go.
        Well... you need to click the link to get the answer.
        Short answer? A LOT!

Comment

Originally posted by OPEN_RANGE View Post
          I still have trouble with the delete key not deleting stuff and the crossing window or full window selection marquees not working as expected on a consistent basis.
          I've recently upgraded my pc and also moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - are you sure this isn't a W10 issue ? I mean, before my upgrade, my hardware was perfectly fine, as soon as I went to W10, I've been experiencing these issues you (and others) are having - so much so, at first I thought it was a wireless keyboard issue.... (happens to me when I'm not even using 3DS Max).

Jez

------------------------------------
          3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
          Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
          ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

...and of course, we open the doors for the 3ds Max OSL Shaders GitHub. Share & Enjoy

https://github.com/ADN-DevTech/3dsMax-OSL-Shaders

/Z

Comment

The Advanced Wood material is full 3D Procedural map which doesn't require UV.
              It is based on http://www.cs.cornell.edu/projects/wood/

Comment

Well... you need to click the link to get the answer.
                Short answer? A LOT!
                I did. I'm not a programmer.

The Advanced Wood material is full 3D Procedural map which doesn't require UV.
                It is based on http://www.cs.cornell.edu/projects/wood/
                The wood genuinely looks excellent.
                Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

Personally, I can't wait to have a play with OSL and the Advanced Wood (I used the Procedural Wood in 2017 a couple of months back, but this Advanced one looks superb).
                  Jez

------------------------------------
                  3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                  Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                  ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
                    I did. I'm not a programmer..
                    Well.. I guess my English is problem then.
                    Everything I show did not need a single line of code. I just put together built-in OSL maps.

Comment

Apparently Max 2019 was supposed to be made available yesterday, but I don't see it in the download section has the date changed or am I looking in the wrong place?

Cheers.

Comment

I really don't know what to do now. We are still using max 2016 and only had short tries of 2017 and 2018. They seemed problematic and now 3dsmax 2019 is out I don't think there is any chance of being able to use it in production confidently until at least 2 service packs have been released which could be August/September time.We have 2 subscriptions and it jsut seems to me that Autodesk are taking the money but not coming up with the goods.I guess I'll try max 2018 again to see if that has improved since the last time I installed it. If it proved problematic then it just feels like I'm being taken for a ride!
                        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by chadstevens View Post
                          Apparently Max 2019 was supposed to be made available yesterday, but I don't see it in the download section has the date changed or am I looking in the wrong place?

Cheers.
                          I think, but don?t know for sure, that ADesk started the roll out of 2019 and then stopped when they realized that the way it was being put out was causing a big problem. See the topic below. Look at the screen grab. I have 2019 available for download. You may be lucky you do not have it available yet.

https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ge2#post988813
                          mark f.
                          openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

We're still on max 2014 as production version. We intend to upgrade to 2019... finally. Everything looks fine so far, expect that nearly every scene created with max 2014 crashes on load. That' s really bad !

Comment

----and if you ever wondered what a 3D Manelbrot looks like....

/Z

Comment

Hey Zap,

Do you have the shader that you used for this? I want to render it with V-Ray to see what happens.

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                                X