Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question re: VrayClipper

Hey guys,

To save me the hassle of setting all this up and then finding it doesn't work, I just wondered if it's possible to clip forest pro objects using the vrayclipper?

I have a couple of areas with thin CorTen panels separating planting from seating and some of the plants I've got scattered appear to grow through the panels, I thought the clipper might be the perfect solution to this.

Kind regards,

Chris
    Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

I cant say if it would work or not but with things like these I usually tend to make a small test scene and see if ideas like that work or not. Like taking an empty scene and drop in a couple forest trees/plants/grass in a small 1m X 1m area and clip that and see if it renders correctly... I would try it myself but have been off the last couple days with a family emergency and I'm supper behind in work. I'm currently just waiting for a project test render to complete so I had a couple min
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Yeap, V-Ray clipper should be able to clip those without any issues.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

We had some issues when using VRayclippers when we had ForestPro objects in scene. It wasn't specifically clipping through the FP objects where the problem occurred (I haven't properly tested that), but weird artefacts would appear in the clip even if the FP was nowhere near. Excluding the FP objects from the clipper solved it.
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket
        ----------------------------------->
        http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
          We had some issues when using VRayclippers when we had ForestPro objects in scene. It wasn't specifically clipping through the FP objects where the problem occurred (I haven't properly tested that), but weird artefacts would appear in the clip even if the FP was nowhere near. Excluding the FP objects from the clipper solved it.
          It might be a good idea to send us that scene for investigation, it sounds like a bug that needs to be addressed.
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
          X