Render Mask - Selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Mask - Selected

Still having issues with this. On a simple test scene i get no issues. On a really large scene every time i try to render selected it always keeps rendering what i want but also the Forest scatter grass as the buckets grind to a halt.

Only thing i have selected is what i want

Still the same issue - render just the glass. It all works fine ignores everything / trees / building as soon as it gets to the FP grass it wants to render it. Not scene specific

Comment

Can you check what's the opacity mode of the grass material? Try with the other modes to see if the problem will go away.
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

OK this could be the issue. The item is from Megascans - its scanned grass and its on stochastic as default

Comment

Changed the opacity to Clip and it now works as it should. Appreciated the advice.

Is Clip slower than Stochastic if i was to be rendering the grass ?

Comment

"Clip" should be the fastest one, but there might be accuracy issues with specific opacity maps. Depends on your scene and assets.

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

ok thanks - is there a reason for Stochastic to not work with Render Mask - selected then ? Something that can be added / fixed ? Otherwise i have to change the assets opacity

Comment

It's a known issue and it's not very trivial to fix.

Peter Matanov
                Chaos

Comment

Working...
                X