light bulb glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light bulb glass

Putting a light source in a glass bulb will clamp it's energy to 20 (Max ray intens.)
    Which is quite low. A small sphere light (Radius:0,19cm) with 290lm has a 'Default (image)' value of 4261.
    Clamping that down to 20 changes the output a lot.
    Of course raising or disabling the Max ray intense would be possible, but that would create alot fireflies and much higher rendertime.
    Do you guys somehow exclude the glass from the light? Is there a way without making the glass look off, especially if it's frosted?
    German guy, sorry for my English.

I've done two lights, one that excludes the bulb and another that includes just the bulb.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

We normally have a filament with a vray light material inside the glass which doesn't cast light or GI, then a vray light which is about the size of the outer glass which lights the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
        We normally have a filament with a vray light material inside the glass which doesn't cast light or GI, then a vray light which is about the size of the outer glass which lights the scene.
        Interesting! Do you turn the reflection visibility off for the outer light?

An exclude list for the max ray intensity parameter would be handy.
        Last edited by Ihno; 20-08-2019, 02:32 PM.
        German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Yep that's it - we let the filament geo and reflections in the glass drive the surrounding reflections.

Comment

Is that Vraylight inside the glass or just outside. I have experienced weird things working like that, having to exclude all the lightbulbs geometry.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
            X