Region render empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region render empty

I'm having a problem with the Next 2.1 update where my region renders are empty, but when I turn off region rendering then the renders are there. In region mode the only thing that renders is the environment background but everything else is missing. Doesn't matter what resolution the render is at.

Additionally at big res (like 4k x 4k) occasionally some objects are just missing. I've played around with static vs. dynamic memory and the ram limit but it seems random when the objects appear or not. At lower resolutions the objects always render.

Resetting the rendering settings seem to have no effect. Any ideas on what is happening?

Best Regards,
    AJ

Could you show us some screenshots and possibly attach the mentioned scene so we can take a look and see what might be the issue?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Sure, not much to look at but here's a screenshot. I'm in the process of sculpting details on the robed figure but I have to render the entire shot to see it. I've got the guy and boat currently isolated in Max, but the scene is pretty big. Where should I send a link? Thanks!

Best,
      AJ

Comment

Pardon, forgot to mention the e-mail address. Send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com and please mention this forum thread.

Comment

Thanks for the report and the provided files. It seems that activating the render region in the VFB ignores the 3ds Max's Blowup/Crop options. I'll forward the information to our developers for discussion.

Comment

Man, how did I not realize that was happening. Thanks so much for your help! I can work around that.

Best Regards,
            AJ

Comment

Working...
            X