Vray 5 asset browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choose Open As... from the File menu.

Select TIFF from the popup menu as as the file format.

Locate the TX file and open it.

Comment

Hi Joelaff,

Thanks for the quick reply. That is exactly what I'm doing. That;s why I don't understand why it doesn't work. It almost seems like Photoshop thinks I'm trying to open it as a .PICT file, when .TIFF is selected.

What version are you using? Might it be PS version related? I;ve just update to the latest version, but no luck there.

Comment

Well that is weird. I just did it here, and it worked fine.

PS 2020 Win 10.

If I choose TIFF fro the popup it works fine. If I choose PICT I get your error message as expected (since it's not a PICT).

Are you possibly trying to type a filename and it is changing the popup because it still has focus?

Comment

This is a GIF of the steps I take. Might be doing something wrong but I think I'm just following what you've told me.

Comment

Yeah, you are doing it right, but Photoshop is not working right. Perhaps the popup menu has a bug in your version?

I see that PICT is 9 spaces away from TIFF (starting with 1 right below PICT). Perhaps try choosing whatever format is 9 spaces above or below PICT in case the popup return values are shift somehow.

Or see if you have the latest Photoshop updates.

Comment

I've just updated it to Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.1 20200716.r.265 2020/07/16: 2b9692040b x64 and it's still the same. At this point I've tried all the options in the list and I always get an error message. Some are different, but the result it the same. At this point I know it's a bug of sorts so I'll contact Adobe to see what they can do.

For anyone that has the same issues; I did find somewhat of a workaround. It seems that Paint (of all programs) can open the .tx just fine. So for now I'll save them as .TIFF and paint and then open them in PS.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort!

Comment

You might try renaming the file with a .TIF and opening it in PS.

Comment

Renaming it doesn't do the trick. I've been in contact with the Adobe helpdesk and after telling me they just don't support it, they mentioned I could try resetting my preferences. That actually worked, so now I can open them just fine. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X