Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay & morpher modifier rendering issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay & morpher modifier rendering issue?

I'm trying to render a character asset exported from Character Creator 3 (via fbx) using the latest version of VRay 5. I am having an issue with the morpher modifier in that all the morph targets seem to be rendering and I don't seem to be able to prevent this from happening. The morph targets don't exist as separate objects in the scene. If I delete the morpher modifier VRay renders correctly. Arnold and Redshift don't exhibit this behaviour and render correctly with the modifier in place as I would expect.

Is this a bug with VRay? I've tested using both the release and latest nightly builds.

The following images are from a test scene for debugging purposes - not a final quality render.

This is how VRay renders the mesh with the modifier in place:

If the modifier is removed, the mesh is rendered correctly (obviously this is not a valid solution as I need the morph targets):

Here is the result when rendered using Arnold:

Last edited by KevHayes; 02-12-2020, 01:49 PM.

The provided images do not seem to be uploaded correctly. Otherwise, best you send the scene and screencaps to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look. Mention this thread in the e-mail along with your V-Ray and host platform versions.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for responding! Thats strange the image links broke - they worked when I initially posted, although I used the "Upload -> Send to server" option...

I'm replying again here just so there is visibility on this thread in case any one else is having the same issue as me. I'm currently using a nightly build of VRay 5 Hotfix 2 (I think from the 1st December) and 3DS Max 2021.2 but I also tried the latest release build which exhibited the same problem. I can provide an example file via support channels if that helps.

I've uploaded the images again (see notes above).

Click image for larger version  Name:	VRay_MorpherIssue_01.PNG Views:	0 Size:	753.3 KB ID:	1094487

Click image for larger version  Name:	VRay_MorpherIssue_02.PNG Views:	0 Size:	747.9 KB ID:	1094485

Click image for larger version  Name:	VRay_MorpherIssue_03.PNG Views:	0 Size:	492.1 KB ID:	1094486
      Last edited by KevHayes; 04-12-2020, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Specific VRay build I am currently using is vray_adv_50006_max2021_x64_30471 (From installer file name). Again downloaded from Nightly builds.

Comment

Interestingly, the same fbx file imported into C4D works absolutley fine using the latest VRay 5 Beta...

Click image for larger version

Name:	VRay_MorpherIssue_04.PNG
Views:	365
Size:	453.4 KB
ID:	1094492

Comment

Do send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look. Mention this thread in the e-mail.
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X