X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5.0 - 5.1 Building Embree Voxel Tree failed Bug

Hi

We had issues with new Vray.

1. Issue that one of our VrayProxy crashes render. If it is converted to Edit Mesh it works. Probably something to do with SketchUp smooth groups. Model is from Sketchup. Mercedes Model attached.

2. Issue that if you put 2sided material to VrayBlend it crashes LightCache. Flower model attached in same scene.

It is very challlenging to find bug, when we using out libraries for many years. And suddenly those cause render fail.
    Both models are commonly used models, one from Evermotion. So probably more people might have those issues.

Models to download
    https://we.tl/t-79aA9uOELw

Thanks for looking at the issue

Thanks for the scene; I can reproduce the crash and I'm looking into it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It looks like this is caused by the "Conserve memory" option for Embree; at least in my test if I turn it OFF, things start to render. I will look into the original issue of course, but for the moment probably you can use this workaround?

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

Thanks. It works for car model!

We are now know where to search for problems. So there is no urgency. For now we will just delete items that cause freeze and crash. Its only very few models that cause it.
        I just want to post it for others, because others may have similiar issue with it

Best regards

Comment

Ok, then. It seems to be connected to models having hidden faces, if that helps.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

A fix for this is available in the latest stable builds here and will be included in the coming hotfix:
            https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...le/stable_5.1/

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
              X