No announcement yet.

Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Update (ver 1703) removes VRLService

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've disabled automatic updates completely, along with blocking ~200 telemetry servers, ip addresses and etc which were collecting info about everything i do.
    Now Windows 10 is like a good doggy - shits only where it is allowed.
    Available for remote work.
    My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

when something like this happens, why do you not send out an email to all registered users alerting them? we get sales newsletters all the time.

Comment

I had this issue. Resolved by following the instructions.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Apologies for off-topic, but I had to chuckle at the irony; the 'Creator's Update' actually stops us from being creative
          http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

This happened to me and my Wacom Driver sometimes goes unresponsive. Pretty damn expensive OS for how annoying it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg_Budeanu View Post
              I've disabled automatic updates completely, along with blocking ~200 telemetry servers, ip addresses and etc which were collecting info about everything i do.
              Now Windows 10 is like a good doggy - shits only where it is allowed.
              How did you do that? sounds very smart. I just want windows to be stable.

Comment

So i have differed updates on, and it installed itself today and broke vray of course.... but i see a new version was out anyway and reinstalling it fixed it and only took 5 mins.
                WerT
                www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

After the Creators update, Backburner, V-Ray distributed rendering and V-Ray RT render server have all stopped working. After some digging it appears to be a common fault: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m...7058575/page/3

Although the tread is mainly discussing Backburner, some do mention that V-Ray DR has stopped working also. It seems the Creators update causes some really bad issues, so roll back if you can. We are going to try the fix suggested in the link to see if we can get this resolved but wondered who else is actually aware of this as it would be good to know if it affects everyone or just a few and if Autodesk and Chaos Group are working on an official fix?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                    My computer is also nonresponsive when rendering. It was like this earlier, rendering in V-Ray, but it improved over some V-Ray updates. Now, I can't even move my mouse.
                    I have the same problem.
                    It seems to me that Windows, 3ds MAX 2018 or VRay is ignoring the "low thread priority" and also my thread affinity settings I have 32 threads but usualy uncheck three or 4 of them but Max/Vray isstill using all of my 32 threads and my computer is slow and i cant move the mouse every couple of seconds.

Comment

Its a big problem. I hope it can be fixed. Its even crashing my render slaves. This problem does not happen in IPR mode as far as my tests go.

Comment

I have had nothing but crashes on my laptop since the update - I cannot work for more than a few minutes in 3ds max (2015 or 201 without it just freezing.

I'm about to throw it through a window.

I dunno if it's Vray or AMx or my drivers or whatevver - but I have wasted this day.
                        http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

looks like a windows update out 'today' has freshly broken vray.
                          WerT
                          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Have you found which updates causes the issue (and what the problem itself is)?
                            Also - which V-Ray version and Windows OS version are you using?
                            Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

No, that's your job. It is breaking for everyone, so not sure how you are avoiding it. Latest vray and win10.
                              WerT
                              www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X