Stopping bucket mode render causes freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping bucket mode render causes freezing

I've been running into a problem in 3ds max 2018 with Vray 3.6 where when I go to stop a rendering, the rendering windows start flashing blank and disappearing. What is really nasty about this is I can't do anything until the rendering completes. I have to crash max through the task manager. This is not a problem when I use progressive mode.

I've also set the priority to low in the task manager, but it still seems to freeze up Max.

That's an odd one. Does it happen on all scenes even on empty ones or it is scene dependent and occur on specific scenes?
    Let's try to decrease the priority from V-Ray System settings instead from TaskMngr:
    http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...9_19-01-27.jpg

If it turn out it is scene specific can you give us more information about the scene like, is it very complex one, are there any displacement and subdivisions, are there any scatter geometries like ForestPro,Multiscatter etc.

Another important information would be whether it behaves the same with older version of V-Ray like 3.5 or older version of 3dsMax like 2017.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

This happens to me too, and have not figured out what is causing the issue at the moment. empty scene with only camera and a few point imported from cad, though have noticed it with other models.

Comment

Did you get an answer on this? we have the same problem.... it does the flashing when rendering on a blank scene,
        we have Forest pro, Railclone installed.... vray 3.60.03

Comment

We have some issues reported with 3ds Max 2018 that we are currently looking into. Not 100% sure if they are related to your problem, but I think there might be a connection.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Having a similar issue for some time now (Max2018.4 and VRay 3.60.04, Win7 and Graphics latest update).

Whether large or small scenes, when trying to stop a render, the interface parts (render dialog, material editor, material selection dialog, VRay frame buffer) start flashing on/off, and nothing can be done until render is finished. I think it happens mostly when trying to stop the render with the escape key or cancelling in the render dialog. When trying to stop in the VRay frame buffer I think there is no problem. Will be keeping an eye on this!!!

Comment

This issue was discussed in here, please take a look at Vlados suggestions: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...fb-hangs/page9
              Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

same here,
                dont know if i want to deal with the setting changes from the other thread. many reported big problems after changing them, or after wanting to redo them...

Comment

Working...
                X