Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds Max 2017 crashes as soon as i hit "render"

Hello guys.
    I've just installed vray for 3ds max (3.60.03), which i just bought, by the way...
    I did not have any issues during the instalation process, and it seem's my license is working fine...
    the thing is my 3ds max (2017) crashes as soon as i hit the render button...
    i am able to open the vray settings, add lights, create materials, edit them, add maps to them, everything... but as soon as i hit the render button, it crashes.
    I have been registering the errors:

when i try using the RT, it says: "Error during V-Ray initialization in stage 1!, then 3ds max closes

When i use production render it just closes with no error. it just says: "An error has ocurred and the application will now close"... then it asks me wether i want to attempt to save a copy...

This is happening with NEW files... i mean, i just add a light and a vray plane, or a sphere, or a box and it's camera... with or without textures.
    It also happened with old, complex, heavy files with lots of polygons.

Any idea to solve this?... i'm really worried

i'm about to re install both 3ds max and vray, but it had never happened before
    los campeones no nacen, se hacen...

Hello,

When Max crashes it will create a crash dump file called 3dsmax_minidump.dmp in your temp folder (type %TEMP% in windows explorer). Can you send one such dump to our support ?

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Ok. Sure!
      a little update...
      i downloaded and installed the last service pack for 3ds max 17. It did't work.

i have been talking to the guy who teaches vray in spanish... he says it is probably an issue with my 3ds max installer.

The license seems to be ok.
      Uninstalled both 3ds max and vray and re installed them but i keep having the same issues.

as i said before. I can see the GI tab in the render options, so that means vray is installed. I can create and edit materials, add lights, cameras, vray sun, change vray options, etc... but 3ds max keeps crashing as soon as i hit the render buttonm it does not matter if it is a new or an old file.

i am not at the office right now but i will try with my wife's laptop. I'm guessing i could even try with a 3ds max demo. If that works, then there might be two options... wether the 3ds max installer is some how corrupted, or there is something wrong with the machine i'm ussing... which is by the way, not my workstation, since mine is actually waiting for new pieces...

so, that's it so far.
      I'll keep this updated.

Not so cool so far

Comment

Comment

I had something similar with 3dsmax 2016 & 2018 (I skipped 2017 as I found it a dog)
          I could render for 15 minutes or so and then it crashed everytime.
          Try updating the Autodesk License server if you haven't https://knowledge.autodesk.com/searc...er-Hotfix.html

Comment

It worked... i installed it all in my wife's laptop and worked fine... so a friend of mine recomended me to unistall it all again, and erase all the folders. Someone told me on facebook that i should check my firewall, but it wasn't it...
            Anyway... it is working now.
            Thank you for your comments!

Comment

Working...
            X