Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayVolumeGrid not appearing in viewport and not rendering

Hello!

I'm having a problem trying to render a Vrayvolumegrid with a phoenix fd sim loaded in, the sim is not appearing in the viewport and not rendering.
    I have 3dsmax 2018.4 and vray 3.60.04

Another problem I'm getting is when I try to render the phoenix fd sim directly it renders fine and saves to exr fine but if I check "deep" in the exr options then renders fine but the saved exr has no simulation rendered.
    I need to render a phoenix fd sim in deep mode and thats the reason I've tried the Vrayvolumegrid approach but none of both seem to work.
    What could be the problem?

Thanks!
    www.gaell.com

Hey,

For the first question - if you are loading an AUR cache into the volume grid, the solution will be to get a latest stable nightly of V-Ray 3.6 - here's the Phoenix changelog for more info on why: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/PHX3MAX/3.10.00

For the second question - try Volumetric Geometry mode - you need this anytime when it comes to render elements.

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

I've asked for access to the nightlies through email support but I'm still waiting.
      In the meanwhile I managed to render what I needed resimulalting to vdb and using volumetric geometry as you mention.

Thanks Svetlin.
      www.gaell.com

Comment

Hi, any news on this?

It's been half a year since start of this thread, yet opening .AUR still results in empty grid in both viewport and V-Ray 3.60.04. VrayVolumeGrid not being able to display and render PhoenixFD caches is a serious issue given that both are from the same company.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X