Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timeline jumps to [4:0-100:0] view, first rendered frame is 50000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline jumps to [4:0-100:0] view, first rendered frame is 50000?

Hi guys,

this weird thing started happening after installing Vray Beta 2.

My timeline is set to PAL, frames, and normally the slider just reads 4 / 100, if I'm at frame 4, for instance.

But when rendering, it switches to this funky view, and the first rendered frame is 50000.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
    /Jonas

Jonas Ussing, VFX supervisor in Copenhagen, Denmark

My bad - bad file render name. I ended the file name with v005 with no underscore or period, so the files are named v0050000 etc. Still doesn't explain the weird looking slider, but at least my file numbers are correct.

Comment

Looks like your time display is set to FRAME:TICKS instead of frames. Some plugins like for example PolyFX changes this.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

You're right, that's exactly what it looks like. Odd thing is, it IS set to frames, not ticks. It also happens randomly as I use Max. As soon as I grab the slider and slide the time, it goes back to frames. Not using PolyFX.

Propably not Vray related anyway.... thanks.

Comment

Are you using V-Ray GPU, by any chance? It switches to FRAME:TICKS during rendering, but then reverts it back. Perhaps just the UI is not updated properly. Which 3ds Max version is this?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Aha, yes I am using GPU. It does appear to be triggered by rendering, but doesn't revert back. But as soon as I slide the timeslider, it pops back. So no show stopper, since the erroneous frame numbers were my own mistake.

I'm on Max 2018.

Cheers,
            - Jonas

Comment

Working...
            X