Render raytrace dialog box pop up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render raytrace dialog box pop up

Lately when I render with Vray Adv, a message window pops up that never popped up before, and it's consistently popping up every render. Is this related to Vray or popping up because I started using Forest Pack Pro objects in the scene? How do I simply turn off this message window?

"Raytrace Messages
    RayFX Raytrace Engine v5.02
    (c) 1998-2000 Blur Studio Inc.

Waiting for trace request...
    Frame complete.
    Rays traced: XXX"

Thanks,
    Matt

Hello,

Maybe you've got a Raytrace material or map in your scene? The V-Ray log should also contain a warning about it and the name of the material.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

The V-Ray message window noted that there was a standard sun/sky system in the scene. Changing that out of the standard mode eliminated the warning and the V-Ray message window no longer pops up. However, the Raytrace Messages dialog box still pops up as it did before. Any ideas how I can track down what is causing this? How can you list every material in the scene?

Thanks,
      Matt

Comment

Same problem here...I was testing the Sunpositioner so I could link my vraySun to it, but lol no idea what AD is thinking but I can't align anything to the sun 'object'. So deleted it and went back to daylight system. Now I can't get rid of the Raytrace message.
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

What Max version is this happening with?. I'm on 2020 and having all the above in the scene doesn't trigger the raytrace error.....
          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

2018. You have a sunpositioner and that message didn't pop up? Weird, no idea what triggered it..but maybe in 2018 it still does weird stuff. Why do you have a sun positioner in your scene, I can't align or link anything with it, so not sure what's the point. I was trying to replace the vray sun with this by using a vray sky in a dome light instead but didn't succeed.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

...a weird one if it literally happens as soon as you input the positioner. My only guess as to why it's happening is that it's somehow coded into the sun/sky environment that is added, so you could try messing with that to see what happens.
              Anyway, can't see a use for it if using vray, as you can link stuff the daylight system just fine. Unless I'm missing a use-case of course

Comment

Well it has a few more options regarding sun positioning / time and is only one objects oppose to the daylight system being 'old' and consisting of multiple objects.
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Yeah that's ool of course...I just thought you were using it purely as an aid for a vray sun, so positional data only.
                  Anyway it'd be interesting to know what the culprit of the weirdness is.

Comment

Well I was trying to but couldn't align the sun so back to good ol' daylight system. About the weirdness no idea either, the sunlight positioner does put a physical sun & sky system in the environment map but that wasn't it, I just tried it again. Didn't have anything with raytrace in the scene either I checked with Zorb and other cleaning tools. Anyway I can't reproduce, so probably doesn't have anything to do with the sun positioner, probably some kind of brainfart on Max's side of things.
                    A.

---------------------
                    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                    X