Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Render Region behaviour changed in V-Ray 3.60.04 ? (vfb cleared)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Region behaviour changed in V-Ray 3.60.04 ? (vfb cleared)

Hi,

I recently updated from 3.60.03 to 3.60.04 (3ds max 2016)
    Now whenever I do a render region everything outside the region turns black. I heavily rely on this to do small local renders on large stills.
    This only happen when I load a previous .vrimg or .exr in the vfb and do a region render. Also, I noticed that if I diasble render elements, the region renders on top of the loaded image without clearing it.

I set up a very basic scene with this issue.

To reproduce the problem :
    - Open the scene
    - Render
    - Save the vfb image to a single .vrimg or .exr (or simply to the history)
    - Load the previously saved image in the vfb
    - Define a render region
    - Render : The vfb is cleared and the region is rendered on a black background.

Thanks !

Edit 1 : I tested this in max 2019 and it doesn't work neither.

Edit 2 : Ok, so after lots of testing it seems that the problem is related to render elements.
    The rendered region will preserve the background in these 2 cases only :
    - The loaded image DOES NOT CONTAIN any element and I render a region with elements ACTIVE
    - The loaded image CONTAINS render elements and I render a region with elements DEACTIVATED
    Both scenarios are of course useless as the goal here is to patch a piece of an image with all the elements and resave it.

Edit 3 : Reverted to version 3.60.03 and evrything works as expected. Now I just to have to roll back for the other workstations and the render farm ...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by theedge; 17-05-2018, 06:27 AM.

mekene

Out of curiosity, I also installed V-Ray Next for 3ds max 2019 and doing a region render doesn't clear the VFB. So there's definitely something goinig on with version 3.60.04

mekene

Comment

Yes, this was reported and logged in our bug tracker recently. I can confirm it doesn't happen in V-Ray Next.
      Miroslav Ivanov
      Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Ok, thank you Miroslav. I'll stick with 3.60.03 for the time being then.

mekene

Comment

Is there a fix coming for this issue?

Comment

Good question. I wonder if 3.60.04 will be the last update for V3 now that V-Ray Next is out ?
            I guess/hope that V3 will still get a few bug fixes for a little while.

mekene

Comment

Working...
            X