Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Required CPU instructions are not available (missiing SSE 4.2) on install (VRay NEXT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required CPU instructions are not available (missiing SSE 4.2) on install (VRay NEXT)

Is this requirement new ?

Ok, my Xeon is 10 year old but still working perfectly.

E5420 Harpertown (Penryn)

Just bought 3 workstation and 1 RN and kinda depressed...
    Philippe Steels
    Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

The system requirements are here:
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...m+Requirements

We do require SSE4.2 support, unfortunately - we can't support old hardware indefinitely.

It might be possible to construct for you a build that works for older machines, I have to check what is possible next week. Which 3ds Max version are you using?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thumbs up for the effort Vlado!
      Martin
      http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Vlado, you're a living god.

Would a solution like this work ? : https://superuser.com/questions/1220...es-not-have-it AFAIK SSE4.2 is for text and string processing but I know nothing about code so it might be important for the speed. I can try it you want to avoid the unnecessary hassle to compile a bespoke solution.

Just found the system requirements page after the error message, it should be clearly indicated IMHO, it's 5 clicks away from the main page and I rushed to upgrade after your shiny youtube presentation of the new features.

Specs are windows 7 / MAX 2016 SP4

It represents a lot of additionnal hardware upgrade if I can't find a solution, and with your tendency to create amazing software that creates incredible images with a click of a button, competition is now harder than ever and times are tough.
        Philippe Steels
        Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Ok, we'll figure something out. I don't know if the solution in that link would work - I've never tried it. If you email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com I will email you next week when I manage to get a build without SSE4.2 running.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Thanks, will do

Will try the aformentionned "emulator" solution and post the results here.

ps: your address link redirect to vlaod@chaos and not vlado... or maybe it's intentional ?
            Philippe Steels
            Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelab View Post
              ps: your address link redirect to vlaod@chaos and not vlado... or maybe it's intentional ?
              It was a typo, sorry about this - I fixed it.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelab View Post

Would a solution like this work ? : https://superuser.com/questions/1220...es-not-have-it
                Ok, this doesn't work. I was able to run the install but the performance hit is huge, so it's not a viable solution.

Vlado is my last hope
                Last edited by Pixelab; 24-05-2018, 02:47 PM.
                Philippe Steels
                Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

This also affects my latest install attempt, but for Phoenix FD. Have all Xeons here, lots of older hardware and can't run PFD now. How many versions back do we need to go? Or were you able to create a workaround PFD version? The 'other' fluid sim app still works fine, but am hoping to get PFD into the pipeline. Thx much.

Comment

Phoenix FD 3.04 should work with SEE 3
                    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi! I'm trying to install Vray 4.02.05 for 3ds Max 2019 and, when installing, appears the message: " Incompatible CPU detected. Missing instructions sets SSE4.2". I'm installing it on a laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo, Windows 7 Professional. Any one can help? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Trompeta View Post
                        Hi! I'm trying to install Vray 4.02.05 for 3ds Max 2019 and, when installing, appears the message: " Incompatible CPU detected. Missing instructions sets SSE4.2". I'm installing it on a laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo, Windows 7 Professional. Any one can help? Thank you!
                        You won't be able to use V-Ray Next on that machine. https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...m+Requirements
                        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                        Chaos

Comment

Working...
                        X