Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add a string attribute using Extra Attributes for EXR Header Data.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add a string attribute using Extra Attributes for EXR Header Data.

Hi there,

i am using the OptionsRE as a base to create a blackbox renderelement to inject various kinds of meta data. Quite a bunch of the data i'd like to inject are strings (e.g. artist or scene file etc.)
    I tried various kinds of representing strings along the lines of the example (that only has int, float and vec4). Is there a comprehensive list of how to properly represent all the different exr attribute types? (also including matrices, box2i/f etc.)

Regards,
    Thorsten

If a value cannot be recognized a sequence of numbers, it will be treated as a string value. The type of the resulting attribute depends on how many numbers you have - one number is either a float or an integer attribute; two numbers are a Vec2f or Vec2i attribute, 3 numbers are either a Vec3f or a Vec3i attribute, four numbers are a Box2f or a Box2i attribute, 9 numbers are a 3x3 matrix, and 16 numbers are a 4x4 matrix.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Got it. Had my code fubared elsewhere (had declared the corresponding VR::CharString locally...doh)

Thanks,
      Thorsten

Comment

Another thing, is there any easy way to access scene parameters from a VRayRenderElement? Like accessing scene nodes, camera name, filenames etc.

Comment

You can use any 3ds Max API calls...

Best regards,
          Vladoi
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X