Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay RT + Custom TexMap

Hi

What must be done in order for VRay RT to support a custom TexMap plugin?
    As of now it renders fine in VRay advanced, but returns black in VrayRT CPU when used either as a production or Activeshade renderer. It seems EvalColor is not being called.
    Last edited by RotemS; 23-05-2016, 07:44 AM.

Currently there is nothing that you can do other than rewrite the texture as an OSL or GLSL shader.

We will have ability to use the production V-Ray renderer as ActiveShade in a couple of months though.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the response, just wanted to verify there wasn't something I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Is there any update on this?
        I tried the example vrayusertex plugin that is provided in the SDK in VRay3.6 and changed the EvalColor function of the VRayUserColor.cpp but it only seems to change the behaviour in VRayAdv but not in VRayRT so I assume that the VRayRT version of this shader is coming from somewhere else?

We are looking into adding VRayRT support to our 3dsmax plug-ins as we had a lot of customer requests for this in the past. But it is not quiet clear how to proceed on this, unfortunately the SDK documentation is rather fine to say the least.

Any hints would be greatly welcome!

Comment

We are working on an API for this; it will be available in one of the next versions.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great thank you Vlado for your reply, that is good to hear

Is there any official way to support it right now in 3dsmax?
            As we might have to support some older version of VRay as well not all our customers tend to update right to the latest versions of VRay that quickly I am afraid.

Comment

Working...
            X