Rendertime and memory usage render element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendertime and memory usage render element

Troubleshooting a couple of difficult scenes I thought how neat it would be to have some new render elements for analysis:

1. A Render element that shows rendertime lengths per bucket, so you could determine where to start tweaking things.
    2,. A Render element that shows memory usage per bucket, for the same reason

Not sure if thats possible, or if it would make sense from a technical point of view.

I´ve not been using the vraysamplerate render element in a long while, since sampling seems to work perfectly fine if I just let Vray do it automatically, but if can use any of the existing render analysis elements for that, please let me know.

Here it is - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...VRayRenderTime
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Ha! Thanks mate, completely missed this!

What about memory? i seem to have most issues with memory these days. so that could come in real handy, but not sure if vray is maxing out memory in complex scenes anyways or if i just set my memory limits wrong...

Comment

We are working on a better memory statistics info in the log, like separated numbers for geometry, shaders etc .. Will that help?
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Sure! That will definitely help.

Comment

Ah, shoot, just noticed that thats apparently just for Vray Next, we´re still on Vray 3.6...

Comment

Working...
            X