X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New feature ideas 2

...continuing from thread 1:

I would once again like to hear your ideas and wishes for new features in this thread. Think about what do you need and is missing in your workflow now. What is slowing you down and would help you vizualize your ideas even better.

Please give detailed info - what's the feature you want; how it's going to fit in your workflow; what are you doing now to workaround its absence?

One more request - please use the "like" system if you see somebody else already described the feature you want. More likes = more weight on the respective entry. If you have more than one proposal - use separate replies.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

1 - Improved Caustics
    Right now we're using Corona when we need shots with caustics. Even Fstorm sometimes even though they are GI caustics.
    Last edited by Moriah; 03-02-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

2 - VFB2 background image sequence support
      No current workaround for this, i just do several background layers every 25frames matching the footage.

Comment

3 - Improved vrayproxy performance, point cloud display (like FP), bring most new options from the one in Maya.
        Right now it's extremely slow, both reading abc files, managing them, and even exporting is very slow.

Comment

4 - Cloud system attached to sun&sky
          Similar to UE. No offline render has it, but i think it would be a game changer, specially for archviz projects.

Comment

5 - Vray Camera Lister
            There's a script that does this but it isn't very clean, an official one would be very nice.

Comment

6 - VFB2 Lightmix support for selecting the light(s) from the list
              Could be assigned to the right click function. More and more we're using Lightmix, it's very efficient for lookdev, and having that option to select the light(s) on the viewport would be amazing.

Comment

7 - HDRI projection controls like Corona
                I think there was a topic discussing this feature, i don't know how it ended but it's something that i would really like to see in vray

Comment

8 - More post processing functions (blur, sharpen, HSL, etc.) similar to Camera Raw.

Comment

9 - Lens effects improvement on bloom
                    Most of the time i want to get the bloom effect from fstorm/octane and it's impossible, no matter what settings i use. However the flare options in vray5 are really good.

Comment

10 - Displacement settings inside VrayMtl
                      No workaround for this when using for example a vrayproxy abc with multi objects and different displacement settings. Corona has this feature too and it would be nice for vray to have it.

Comment

11 - VrayCam modifier
                        Very useful when scene assembling shots from other DCC and cams are coming in fbx/abc. Right now the workaround is to create cam in perspective equal to the imported cam » align in all axis and rotation/scale » link vraycam to orignial cam. Simply putting a vraycam modifier on top of the imported cam would save a lot of work.

Comment

12 - Triplanar projection support in vrayproxy abc animations
                          This would be a huge game changer when dealing with complex assets / characters coming from other DCC apps. Right now everything has to have UVs... either that or we have to use the traditional abc importer from max.

Comment

Decal System/ Material Projection, similar to Unreal Engine or even Fstorm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB_dE74mvBA

Comment

Parallax Occlusion

There is an osl avaliable but it does not seem to be very intuitive or fast. See fstorm's implementation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SVSncaaMf0

Comment

Working...
                              X