No announcement yet.

Save as *.DNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the meantime, does anyone know how to save 32bit tif from max that can been read from lightroom?
    I have to save out to exr, go to PS and save out as tif every time, it's really annoying.

Cheers
    Stan
    3LP Team

Comment

In the meantime, does anyone know how to save 32bit tif from max that can been read from lightroom?
      I think this is "mission impossible"
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
        I have to save out to exr, go to PS and save out as tif every time, it's really annoying.

Cheers
        Stan
        I wish for this, such a pain and means for every render we have to have both EXR and TIFF taking up all our space

Comment

Well would make it easier for everyone that would like to use Adobe camera raw to be able to use DNG, that's why I did this request over two years ago.

Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

I was just about to post the same Wish!

Coupled with Adobe's RAW editor, and therefore non destructive editing which can be transfered in an instanst - this would be great!

Same workflow as my photography too
            PGDesigns.co.uk

Comment

+1. DNG would be great. There are quite a lot of us who use a photography workflow more than a VFX workflow.

Aside from the benefits of DNG as a file type, Adobe Lightroom/Camera Raw also use DNG profiles for white balance, exposure, distortion correction etc. One thing to remember is these profiles are camera specific, as far as I know. So it would be necessary for Vray to save Metadata in the image in order for Camera Raw to recognize 'Vray' as the camera type. I have tried to apply DNG profiles to rendered images without success, because the camera is not recognized by the software.

Comment

+1
                Please implement DNG files support.

Comment

I think a VRimage plugin for Photoshop that allowed you control to adjust Lighting, tint reflections, reduce/increase specular would be really nice. You can do it all with the correct blending modes and adjustment layers in Photoshop but it's not exactly easy to get set up.
                  Maxscript made easy....
                  davewortley.wordpress.com
                  Follow me here:
                  facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Personally, my default comp soft is AFX, and if I want to CC something quickly, I go into lightroom, so this means chaosgroup would need to support multiple platforms to save their vrimg.
                    That's part of the reason why I suggested to save as DNG as they just leave all that trouble to the other companies

Seems to be the best compromise to save to DNG but although a lot of great statements have been made for the last 2 years about this subject, it's not really on CG checklist, I hope I'm wrong

Stan
                    3LP Team

Comment

Hi Vlado,

4 years after the first request, I'm still wishing/hoping to get DNG out of max/Vray.
                      Any infos on this?

Best
                      Stan
                      Stan

Comment

Bump...2018 request +1 for .DNG export.
                        Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
                        I need a new signature
                        --
                        Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
                        ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

I really don't see the advantage of having a DNG to be honest. Apart from just having it, obviously.
                          Software:
                          Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
                          3ds Max 2016 SP4
                          V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
                          Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
                          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
                          64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Working...
                          X