View Vray Triplanar Textures in viewport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View Vray Triplanar Textures in viewport

It would be great to be able to see VRay Triplanar textures in viewport when the bitmap preview button is toggled.

Thanks Chaosgroup.

-Alex

I would also want to be able to see the texture normally in the material editor when I add a triplanar texture map. The bitmap texture disappears as soon as I add it and becomes just a solid color which is really inconvenient when building and previewing my material in material editor.
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

There was a trick to the ME issue, but it should be working generally. Can you post an example where it doesn't?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      ​​​​
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Actually, I think I found why some materials showed just plain color in the preview window. I had some objects in the scene that were scaled 10-100 times with the scale tool and the scaling was not zeroed. This had caused me to use 10-100 times smaller scale for the triplanar texture in order to look good in the render.
        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

My issue is, I can't see a correct map projection in the viewport while using triplanar map. The render is just fine. The model was made of a plane just extruding the edges. Using a box, teapot or sphere or whatever solid from max (which has UVs actually already), the triplanar looks good in the viewport as well but a custom geometry without UVs. Max 2018, vray 3.6

ah, dang, wrong thread probably? sorry for that.
          Last edited by o-v; 01-02-2018, 03:12 AM.

Comment

I'd literally do anything to have this feature.
            CGI Artist @ Staud Studios

Comment

Any update on this?
              CGI Artist @ Staud Studios

Comment

Was wondering if there is any update on this as well.

The representation of the VrayTriplanar is in the viewport is very off from the render.

This would be so helpful.

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X