Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRayDistanceTex - Include INSTANCES option (or layer option)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayDistanceTex - Include INSTANCES option (or layer option)

Hi all

VRayDistanceTex is pretty magical and you can do some awesome things with it.

It would be absolutely magical if you can add an option in the "Objects" list that we can switch on and off, to automatically add INSTANCES of objects in the object list at render time. Alternatively, if you can include an entire layer.

I'm asking because my objects that usually go into this list, changes a LOT during scene creation. I can't update this list every time there's a change in the scene. It will be useful if I can add just one object, then whenever I instance that object in the scene, it will automatically also add all these instances at render time to the object list. Or just instead of objects, just add an entire layer. That way I can have a "DistanceTex" objects layer for example where I can just dump all my objects that I want to be in the object list, then just add that layer...
    Last edited by Morne; 06-02-2018, 05:35 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

I second this request.
    Surrealismo
    https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

this is general issue with adding objects in some places in VRay - VRayLightSelect has the same problem.

+1 nonetheless
      Marcin Piotrowski
      youtube

Comment

+1 for this as well!

Another good option would be to add a "use children" option. That way you could just add a dummy object and VRayDistanceTex automatically affects everything linked to this dummy.

Comment

Working...
        X