Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a light property modifier.

Hello,
    it seems to be a very common case to instance lights because it makes lighting and scene handling easier. Yet I often have the problem that I need to break the instance for one or two lights because I need to set an include/exclude list for a specific light or change the intensity just a bit because of reasons.

What I would wish for is, instead of making the light unique, I?d like to turn the instanced Light into a reference and then apply a unique ?light property? modifier to that referenced light, in order to just change a property or the intensity or whatever. Yet the instance underneath would still be intact.

is that even possible SDK wise?

Thanks for clarifying this.
    -Robert

This seems like it would be a good idea, in principle at least. Using any sort of lightlister with it though would seem to get problematic.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

One thing is to use the track view / curve editor and copy paste the controllers of properties you want to have the same - choose instance and the two properties will be linked.

Comment

Working...
      X