Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish List Reminder - Create V-Ray Physical Camera From View + Question about camera Navigation and 3D Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish List Reminder - Create V-Ray Physical Camera From View + Question about camera Navigation and 3D Mouse

Hi guys,

[Reminder]

- Create V-Ray Physical Camera From View

I remember posting some time ago. Would be nice to add this functionality and it may be super easy to implement.
    I may be even easier to make a script to convert any camera into a V-Ray camera. I could make a physical camera from view and run the script on it?

[Question]

In Maya, you can look through a view-port camera, physical camera and light with the same navigation controls. - I actually hate 3ds max's navigation because of the inconsistency in sensitivity depending on scene size and how perspective view-port navigation is different to camera navigation......and as far as I know, we cant see through V-Ray lights.

My question are;

1. Does the 3D mouse make camera navigation completely consistent in 3ds max, weather looking through a view-port or physical camera?
    2. Is there a way to look through a V-Ray Light and position it by navigating?
    3. Are the 3D Mouse products worth it? (If you have experience with them)

Thanks

Steve ~
    Last edited by stevejjd; 14-05-2018, 04:55 PM.

Originally posted by stevejjd View Post
    Hi guys,

3. Are the 3D Mouse products worth it? (If you have experience with them)
    For me, totally, especially in 3ds max.

mekene

Comment

I really want one now

Comment

For the first part about creating a physical camera, would it be enough if the button on the V-Ray toolbar matches the current perspective view if you are in one?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes that would be great

Comment

That button would be great feature . Although creating a physical camera and then pressing alt,+c does that for me too . Or is that a script I installed ages ago?

Btw, what 3d noise are you guys talking about?
            Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
            www.AddYourLight.com
            Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

3D mouse - Its a mouse that enables you to navigate a scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCabW4BtJEE

Its like holding a model in your hand.....apparently

Comment

Seems pretty useful, 3ds Max Handling is awful, always needs a concrete target. Would love to try it. I don't like the idea that my hand is not in the keyboard though . I'm using a lot of keyboard shortcuts..
                Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
                www.AddYourLight.com
                Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

You can create a V-Ray Physical camera and then while you are in the perspective view press ctrl+ c. The V-Ray Physical camera now matches the perspective viewport.
                  Martin Minev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                  X