No announcement yet.

Vray for Blender 2.8 - when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

svetlozar.draganov One question above all: will V-Ray for Blender get IPR? (Coda: if yes, when?)

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post

For everyone that would like to discuss anything about V-Ray for Blender - feel free to reach me at svetlozar.draganov@chaosgroup.com or at +359 892 660 973, I'll do my best to help you as best as I can.

Regards,
      Svetlozar Draganov
      Thanks for the interest and for your comment on this thread.
      The characteristics of vray with blneder at the moment are enough for me.
      I only expect in the short term a stable version for 2.8.

I know it wasn't official, anyway, I leave a screenshot of the development leader's comment a few months ago.
      Be careful with assertive comments.
      Thanks! Click image for larger version

Name:	vray.PNG
Views:	784
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1049768

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray.PNG
Views:	697
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1049769

Comment

The only reason I check in on this forum every now and then is to see if there is substantial news regarding V-Ray for Blender development. I've been using V-Ray for 10+ years and love the render engine. I've been using Blender 7 years and believe it's the best 3D software available. I am very sad to see development stall at this juncture, I would like to see V-Ray for Blender brought up to date with IPR.

Comment

Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post
          The only reason I check in on this forum every now and then is to see if there is substantial news regarding V-Ray for Blender development. I've been using V-Ray for 10+ years and love the render engine. I've been using Blender 7 years and believe it's the best 3D software available. I am very sad to see development stall at this juncture, I would like to see V-Ray for Blender brought up to date with IPR.
          Me too. +10 years and Chaos group have always had outstanding customer service. But I've lost all hope in vray for Blender and made the switch to Octane which already have ipr and all the bells and whistles ready in Blender 2.8.
          www.nikand.com
          3D Freelance

Comment

I'm just a 3D design enthusiast who loves the quality and speed of VRay. Once I discovered Blender 2.79, I automatically bought a VRay license.
            But after playing with Blender 2.80, I can't go back anymore to version 2.79. So, given the current situation, I'm testing LuxCoreRender since it brings bi-directional path tracing and is fully integrated in Blender. Anyway, I hope to see VRay for Blender 2.80 in the (near) future. And as soon as it is available, I will switch back to VRay.

Comment

I hope to see VRay for Blender 2.80 but when ?
              I would like to see V-Ray for Blender with IPR and fog gizmo volumetric works ...

Comment

Originally posted by enrique.monzo View Post
                I'm just a 3D design enthusiast who loves the quality and speed of VRay. Once I discovered Blender 2.79, I automatically bought a VRay license.
                But after playing with Blender 2.80, I can't go back anymore to version 2.79. So, given the current situation, I'm testing LuxCoreRender since it brings bi-directional path tracing and is fully integrated in Blender. Anyway, I hope to see VRay for Blender 2.80 in the (near) future. And as soon as it is available, I will switch back to VRay.
                I'm in the same boat of you.
                I'm switching my daily job to Blender but as Vray for Blender has not yet ported to 2.8, I'm using LuxCoreRender but I'll be super happy to use Vray due to its features and cause I really know well during my last more of a decade daily use.

I hope to see good news with an updated and fully working 2.8 porting.

Comment

I'm also waiting anxiously for a V-Ray port for Blender 2.8.
                  It's mid october and Blender 2.81 (stable) is planned to arive in a month. (https://developer.blender.org/project/view/88/)

I'll be happy enough even having a 2.8 exporter just with the same funcionality as the 2.79 sooner as possible.
                  architect at oona

Comment

At first I found Blender 2.8+ very slow to use, new icons and different words, no mesh edit mode "remove doubles" for example to merge near vertices etc. Atleast I can create own shortcuts for "A" select all/none like it was 2.79.
                    Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

JuhaW are you that there isn't the "remove doubles"? As far as I know, it's now called "merge vertices-> by distance".

Comment

Originally posted by JuhaW View Post
                        At first I found Blender 2.8+ very slow to use, new icons and different words, no mesh edit mode "remove doubles" for example to merge near vertices etc. Atleast I can create own shortcuts for "A" select all/none like it was 2.79.
                        Yeap, I understand your point. Sometimes it looks like learning a brand new program.

I personally like that blender is becoming less blender and more "universal" or predictable.
                        Eg: For deselecting I prefer clicking on empty space like all the programs I use daily.

Btw in 2.8 there is a "Blender 27X" keymap, for people who feels more confortable/fast with 2.79 shortcuts. Maybe it will work better than the default keymap for you.
                        architect at oona

Comment

Hello all,

With the following post I would like to provide more information and transparency about the current status of V-Ray for Blender project and our future plans for it.
                          1. Currently, we haven't got a developer who is working on the project on full-time. There are a several developers working on it part-time and this explains why the progress is slower compare to other projects. We are actively searching for a full-time developer a couple of months already but without success so far. It's not that easy to find such person and I would like to call you guys if you are interested or if you have a friend who might be interested working with us on the project, to contact me at svetlozar.draganov@chaosgroup.com
                          2. Another very important aspect regarding the Blender project is its open source. Anybody can join it and develop the necessary tools. For more information on that subject please contact me at svetlozar.draganov@chaosgroup.com
                          3. Our future plans are to continue the development of V-Ray for Blender and release a Next version for it, as well as creating support for Blender 2.8. We don't have any plans to abandon the project.

Please accept my sincere apologize on behalf of the entire company regarding the delayed updates on V-Ray Next and support for Blender 2.8. We are working on those things very hard but sometimes it takes more time than planed.

Best Regards,
                          Svetlozar Draganov
                          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

You might try blenderartists.org - jobs section. https://blenderartists.org/c/jobs
                            Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

+1

svetlozar.draganov I'm sure there are plenty of developers who would love to work on V-Ray on the blender site. Please Post!

Comment

We need to call to mister Ton

Comment

Working...
                                X