Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray blender linux build 2017 10 10 standard material Reflect Glossiness ignors texture values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray blender linux build 2017 10 10 standard material Reflect Glossiness ignors texture values

Vray blender linux build 2017 10 10 standard material Reflect Glossiness ignors texture values, material preview shows like glossy value would be 0.00

Stugys can you please send me the scene that reproduces this.

And here is an example setup of a sphere with different multiplier and texture attached to Reflect Glossines slot:

Setup: Click image for larger version

Name:	JUKdhyT.png
Views:	162
Size:	350.3 KB
ID:	970995

Render with 5% Reflect Glossiness:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SKBnTeL.png
Views:	160
Size:	793.1 KB
ID:	970996

Render with 50% Reflect Glossiness:

Name:	jEYAshp.png
Views:	164
Size:	769.1 KB
ID:	970997

Comment

thank you for answer, so now it works like in revers logic than before, will get to use to that. One more question, so from now on this logic will stay like that, and i can recreate my all materials in the scenes?
      Last edited by Stugys; 14-10-2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

We are trying to make the multiplier behave like in 3ds Max. And yes you can re-create all materials. For ease of convertion builds starting from next nightly will include tool to change all multipliers on sockets in the scene that should be inverted to have value = 100% - current value:

Name:	M3dHMzf.png
Views:	136
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	971153

Comment

Good to know. So this will recursively change through all the materials in an older model? When did this change happen (to match Max)? I've been using a build from September 8 since I've had a few things in production and that build has been stable.

What happens if I have a new model I've started with a current build, and want to pull in materials from an older model? If I run this invert tool, will it mess up any new materials that I made in the new file when I run it for the old materials? Does this tool have a way to flag materials that don't need to be inverted?

Comment

thank you for information, will have that in mind

Comment

andybot_cg currently it flips multipliers on all materials. I will check if it is possible to flag changed materials so they don't get changed again.

Comment

Originally posted by poseidon4o View Post
                andybot_cg currently it flips multipliers on all materials. I will check if it is possible to flag changed materials so they don't get changed again.
                That would be really helpful. Let us know what you find.

Comment

Working with vray blender is day by day more hard every day change something, every material needs trial and errors,I was really sorry to have bought this license.

POrcodio!

Comment

marcoz I can understand your frustration but the last word is out of context. I don't think it will be helpfull to push ChaosG investing more time than now in Vray4Blender development.

Comment

But still, why it is not possible to input texture intensity in reflect glossy or refract. It seem like it always has value 0. Would be great to fix this.

Comment

elieli, it is working, just do not the sae workflow, now you just need to conect texture to Reflect Glossiness slot, and move slider lets say 5 percent or 10. the main diferennce now, is that if you want to get more reflective material like polished surface, you just set low value 5 or 10 percents just test your materials. If you dont understand what i mean,write down, and i will make screenshot, look at secont poost on this thread, poseidon4o posted material setup, look at the Reflection Glosiness value. this is soem how handy, because you can now use vray 3dsmmax tutorial from youtube tutorials, reflect Glossiness works in 3dsmax that way

Comment

I've changed the way we're handling texture multipliers to match 3ds max. Should be there in tomorrows nightly. I hope we won't need to touch this part anymore. Please, test.
                          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
                          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
                          Support Request

Comment

Can i ask you bdancer, to be100percent clear, so now it is working like in 3dsmax? or you changed back like the old days in blender builds?

Comment

Im interested in this too. So how does it work in 3dsmax?

Comment

Working...
                              X