No announcement yet.

Vray for Blender 2.8 - when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if this appears 'off topic' - and I'll be honest and say that I haven't read all the posts, just the beginning one and this page 13.....

My question is, why rely just on V-Ray ?

If you're going Blender (well done!) - why not go all the way and use their renderer ? Okay, it might not be as good as V-Ray or as quick etc etc, but Blender is being developed at a cracking pace and of course it's free.

I stopped my perpetual at 3DS Max 2020 and so far, in just two short years, I've saved something like £2500 in 'upgrades' (and NO pain).

V-Ray Next is my current renderer and unless Chaos show that they're better than Autodesk in their treatment of their loyal customers I'm just going to watch and see and decide when it's V-Ray 6 time.

But already I'm looking at other renderers.... just in case.....

My advice - diversify. Don't put all your eggs into this one basket.

I have been with V-Ray since 1.5, but I've learned the hard way. In business, there is no loyalty.
    Last edited by JezUK; 20-08-2020, 02:55 AM.
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

• You're right, there are other renderers for Blender but nothing like Vray as reliability and flexiblity.
      There some free interesting renderers but you've to hope that the devs (or one-man-band dev)still want to develop for free... so it's not so easy to find a reliable solution that is already "tested" like Vray.
      I'm testing Octane render that seems quite interesting but sometime I don't feel good with it and , in my opinion, it still less flexible than Vray.

I still hope that Vray 4 Blender will be available.
      If it shouldn't, I hope, at least , that someone from Chaos comes here and says something about the cancelation of this project.

Comment

• only bla bla bla....... i think cahos have no intention to develop vray for blender,i repeat should be more honest tell"fuck you to all the blender users"

Comment

• Originally posted by marcoz View Post
          only bla bla bla....... i think cahos have no intention to develop vray for blender,i repeat should be more honest tell"fuck you to all the blender users"
          I won't say it like that but I really think it is ... and it has been for a long time .... which in itself can be understood but I still do not understand why it is not officially announced
          (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

• Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post

We are working on and I'll provide more details when I have them. Hopefully this will be very soon.
            In my opinion, some images fo the development is better than this silence...
            For a personal project for my portfolio I'm doing an interior that I've started with other engines... but as I always found something missed comparing Vray, I've started with Vray4Blender for Blender 2.79.. please...make this port to the new 2.8 and somekind of interactive rendered preview.
            Actually it's a bit too slow developing lighting and materials without a an interactive viewport rendering...at least speed up the material preview. Is very slow.

Comment

• I must say, this is beyond disappointment. Haven't used Vray for months now since I've gotten so used to 2.8 in such a short amount of time that going back to 2.7 is a tedious chore now with its cluttered UI and poor organizing.

I'm new to Vray for Blender but seeing the assertive replies and vague promises in this thread, makes me regret buying it.

A little late for the party but Happy Birthday for this statement and topic! I'll go get the cake and candles.

Comment

• The same here, except waiting - I startied using Octane, they are quite fast with developing Octane for the new Blender builds, so it is a company which treats Blender users equally with other users.
                Last edited by Zorianpl; 20-08-2020, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rikou View Post

I won't say it like that but I really think it is ... and it has been for a long time .... which in itself can be understood but I still do not understand why it is not officially announced
                  Chaos must says simply yes or no,they shouldn't take the piss out of people who invested in buying their license.Andrey had done a great job on his own....

Comment

• Sorry if this appears 'off topic' - and I'll be honest and say that I haven't read all the posts, just the beginning one and this page 13.....

My question is, why rely just on V-Ray ?

If you're going Blender (well done!) - why not go all the way and use their renderer ? Okay, it might not be as good as V-Ray or as quick etc etc, but Blender is being developed at a cracking pace and of course it's free.

I stopped my perpetual at 3DS Max 2020 and so far, in just two short years, I've saved something like £2500 in 'upgrades' (and NO pain).

V-Ray Next is my current renderer and unless Chaos show that they're better than Autodesk in their treatment of their loyal customers I'm just going to watch and see and decide when it's V-Ray 6 time.

But already I'm looking at other renderers.... just in case.....

My advice - diversify. Don't put all your eggs into this one basket.

I have been with V-Ray since 1.5, but I've learned the hard way. In business, there is no loyalty.
                    I totally agree. My plans were to swap 3DS Max 2020 with Blender and keep V-Ray as renderer. But, well, as you can see, Chaos Group's promises were never kept. I changed my plan by studying Blender's Cycle and shading system. What can I say? It is absolutely valuable. I miss some features, but still I am really satisfied with what Blender provides.
                    When Chaos Group releases a V-Ray version for 2.8x/2.9x, I'm happy, if not, I won't cry.The longer it takes, the less chance for returning back to V-Ray.

Comment

• Interesting that Chaos interviews Andrew Price... I haven't listen yet the interview but anyway it seems they're interested on this "world"...

https://www.chaosgroup.com/blog/andr...r-gurupoliigon

Comment

• Originally posted by bardo View Post
                        it seems they're interested on this "world"...
                        There's absolutely nothing in the interview to suggest that CG is even remotely "interested" in Blender. Chris has no clue ... I suspect that Andrew was suggested enough to finally get a shot at the interview.

Comment

• I mean that seems they're interested about the fact that Blender is here and , as I've read elsewhere, it will be used in the production pipelines more frequently.
                          This don't turn obviously into something like "next month will have Vray4Blender updated!".
                          However, if that blog page is just another place where Andrew can make marketing...welll I don't know.

Anyway, at the end it's just hopes...

It's still good to have some official information.... but....

Comment

• Originally posted by bardo View Post
                            I mean that seems they're interested about the fact that Blender is here and , as I've read elsewhere, it will be used in the production pipelines more frequently.
                            This don't turn obviously into something like "next month will have Vray4Blender updated!".
                            However, if that blog page is just another place where Andrew can make marketing...welll I don't know.

Anyway, at the end it's just hopes...

It's still good to have some official information.... but....
                            The truth is that Andrey had done a great job on his own, and now, they only showed us the rendering of a cube.

Comment

• Two days ago, Blender 2.9 has been set as a stable version, Octane developers stared working on their own 2.9 version. Andrey has made a huge work with bringing vray for blender, hovewer I am a little bit scared that he is working alone and here, after one year we still do not have vray for blender.

Last time I saw Chaos blender page, at least it isn't available to buy there anything so the new people will be not throwing their money for something what isn't working.

Comment

• RenderMan's Blender support has been announced. I'm interested in how they implemented the Blender bridge tool.

https://app.livestorm.co/pixar-anima...ew-bridge-tool

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                                oakcorp.net
                                v-ray.jp

Comment

Working...
                                X