Vray for Blender 2.8 - when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PablonchoWorks View Post
    Andrei was the only one who solved something, but hey, Andrei is not here anymore ..
    It is a huge disappointment to get fewer bugfixes and slower development from Chaos Group than when Andrei worked on it for free
    Last edited by organic; 17-01-2021, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• in Italy they say "promote to remove", obviously CHAOS has an interest in sinking the vray for blender project.

Comment

• Heh, the latest nightly build of V-ray for Blender was made 24 October 2019.

Comment

• I own a VRay 4 Standalone license and I would like to ask a few questions:
          • Will the new version of VRay for Blender support VRay 4?
          • Will it have a full implementation of the render engine? or just a basic one expecting to add more features under request?
          • I remember that VRay for Blender 2.7x used to have broken features very often in new nightly builds. Is the new implementation more stable in terms of not breaking functionality with new builds?
          • Will the new version allow the developers to offer a quick response in terms of adding features and fixing issues?
          Thank you in advance, and looking forward to a beta version (hopefully soon).

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorianpl View Post
            Heh, the latest nightly build of V-ray for Blender was made 24 October 2019.
            blame on the corona virus.....

Comment

• Seems like they gave up at this point and even if they technically didn't, the pace is so slow that it doesn't even matter anymore. I bought this in 2019 in hopes that it would not take long for a world known company to get an update for one of their products. How wrong I was. I can't use 2.79 in a productive manner since it's unnecesarily convoluted and going back and forth between blender versions, especially without some sort of real time preview, is a no go for me. Since I can't get a refund, leson learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcoz View Post

blame on the corona virus.....
                Sure, what a convenient excuse.

Comment

• what I find unbearable, is the lack of sincerity and respect towards those who believed and spent money, it would be as I said, much more honest they would say: go fuck yourself we no longer intend to waste time in a program like blender!

Comment

• Originally posted by marcoz View Post
                    what I find unbearable, is the lack of sincerity and respect towards those who believed and spent money, it would be as I said, much more honest they would say: go fuck yourself we no longer intend to waste time in a program like blender!
                    They will never say that, because nobody knows how the future of 3d will look. In few years, if Blender is going to have a much bigger part in the industry, they can realese V-ray for Blender with the words that they never gave up with the developing and they started to support Blender even when it wasn't popular. IMO the same problem is with Legion and Corona, and they even wrote on their blog thats the new Standalone format opens way for Blender developing and they can even help with that. For me, it sounds like unlocking the doors but still keeping them close using the hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorianpl View Post

They will never say that, because nobody knows how the future of 3d will look. In few years, if Blender is going to have a much bigger part in the industry, they can realese V-ray for Blender with the words that they never gave up with the developing and they started to support Blender even when it wasn't popular. IMO the same problem is with Legion and Corona, and they even wrote on their blog thats the new Standalone format opens way for Blender developing and they can even help with that. For me, it sounds like unlocking the doors but still keeping them close using the hand.
                      I agree but i think there is Autodesk behind the will to don't develope vray for blender.

Comment

• With all the crickets and tumbleweeds going on around they must be going for the second year mark milestone.

Comment

• Is V-Ray for Blender still in development ? Would be nice if developer step up and write something about it, current state, difficulties during developing etc.
                          Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

• What an awful experience this turned out to be. Can I have a refund for this joke you call "end product"?

So basically you keep hopes up by telling everyone you have no intention to ditch Blender support but at the same time drag the development to ridiculous lengths. It's almost March 2021.

At this rate IPR or a full integration of Next will never be a thing and Vray for Blender will just be a sluggish workflow for people to waste time with. Please put this into people's perspective when advertising your product for future customers.

Remember, you are advertising this as "Professional Rendering for Blender" on your website, and paid professional products should include professional support.

Comment

• Maybe we should write about it on the fb fanpages dedicated to the cgi/archviz? Is it a common style of giving information about developing by Chaos or is it only Blender niche thing?

Comment

• After many years in the world of 3D desing as a hobbyist, I'm ready to do the next step: to become a hobbyist-professional freelancer in parallel to my current job. I'm starting just with one customer and Blender fills very well my technical/3Ddesign needs at this moment.

Moving to Blender 2.8x/2.9x was a must, given the improvements of the software at all levels. But moving to these new versions also meant to have to leave V-Ray behind, due to the unexpected stop of its development. That was a tough decision after such a long time working with VRay along with Blender 2.7x. But I had to move on, and I decided to go for Cycles, since it could do somehow the job (somehow, but far from the outstanding quality from VRay).

Since I'm moving to the professional side, I just started to check for potential alternative render engines. And I'm really shocked that none of the known comercial render engines seem to have a proper integration with Blender 2.8x/2.9x! Maxwell, Corona, Renderman, VRay... All these top-level render engines stopped supporting their integration in Blender after its 2.7x version. Those extensions seem to be developed by 3rd party people, and they always seem far from complete and they just stopped their development in some moment. And that's all... Is there any technical reason for this to happen? Is it just the fact that Blender is open source? Is it because pressure of bigger companies? How is possible that almost no top-level render company is developing a serious and robust integration of their render engines in Blender 2.8x/2.9x???

It seems that only Octane has an (serious?) integrated product, and it is for free (until, of course, they decide not to offer it free anymore). The fact here is that I am willing to pay the license of a professional render engine like VRay. So I did with VRay 3 and VRay Next, acquiring the licenses in order to render with Blender 2.7x. I really enjoyed working with VRay, and I really liked taking part in this forum, testing the software, discovering bugs, bringing my feedback, everything in order to improve the quality of VRay in Blender.

If Blender 2.8x/2.9x doesn't have any external top-level render engine perfectly integrated yet... what are all those top-level companies waiting for?? seriously Blender is out of their interest?? no one wants to take the lead and conquer that market??

I am writing this post neither criticizing in a bad way nor blaming anyone. This is not my intention, and I apologize in case it looks like the contrary. I understand that every company has to look for their own interest, and the same happens for the customers. And given we have reached this point, I would appreciate to have an official confirmation stating whether 'VRay for Blender 2.8x/2.9x' is still ongoing or not:

- If 'VRay for Blender 2.8x/2.9x' is not going to happen, please let us know. At least we can move on, try finding an alternative and stop waiting in this void of information.

- If 'VRay for Blender 2.8x/2.9x' is still ongoing, please let us also know. As your customers: what we can do to help you bringing 'VRay for Blender 2.8x/2.9x' to life? Is there anything we can do for you? I'm sure that most of the people in this forum would be willing to help you finding bugs, giving feedback, testing in detph, etc., so you can bring VRay for Blender to life, and be the first top-level company offerering a proper, robust and stable render engine for such a great 3D platform as it is Blender. Thus, if this story is still ongoing, please let us help you to make VRay shine even more.

Regards,
                                Enrique
                                Last edited by enrique.monzo; 08-03-2021, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X