No announcement yet.

Some wish items for GPU rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did start this week using GPU for production on a project since the items in this thread are resolved (biggest one is remap node) So far so good

Comment

andybot, what type of GPU are you using, that vram is enough for yout projects, and how mutch faster than CPU you get rendered?

Comment

I'm using two GTX 1070's with 8GB memory. I'm rendering relatively simple exterior arch-viz scenes right now, though with a fair amount of vegetation (example of a current project I'm working on below). I haven't really looked at how much memory I'm using, seems to run fine so far.

It's much much faster than single CPU rendering, and is pretty close to my local farm with 84 cores total. I find that interior scenes resolve better with CPU rendering using buckets, so I haven't made the switch there yet.
        Attached Files

Comment

nice render, one more question, about trees, do you model by your self or some plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Stugys View Post
            nice render, one more question, about trees, do you model by your self or some plugin?
            Thanks! These are CG Axis trees, I picked these up at one of their big sales. They have a collection of vrmesh trees. I've also used Onyx to make trees to import into Blender. I tried the sapling plugin but never got very far.

Comment

Cgaxis had a great tree bundle promo last week for US$15.90
              https://cgaxis.com/bundle/
              It's over now, but you can keep an eye on the site (or subscribe to their mail list to get notified of promos).
              Or you can purchase the trees you need individually. They come in almost every 3d format required for any 3d software.
              Windows 10 Pro, 2x GTX 1070, AMD Ryzen7 1800X, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, V-Ray Standalone/Blender, V-Ray 3 for Sketchup, V-Ray 3 for Modo

Comment

fair price for freelancer (for me)

Comment

Originally posted by Stugys View Post
                  fair price for freelancer (for me)
                  Indeed, and their models are excellent.
                  Windows 10 Pro, 2x GTX 1070, AMD Ryzen7 1800X, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, V-Ray Standalone/Blender, V-Ray 3 for Sketchup, V-Ray 3 for Modo

Comment

FYI, https://cgaxis.com is having their big discount sale again this week on a few of their combo sets. Highly recommended

Comment

Working...
                    X