Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 will be more expensive

Hello CG,

today I got an email, which says that Vray5 for Cinema will be more expensive. From 340€ to 425€ without VAT.
    I've already purchased for 340€ for this actual version, where I didn't know, that I will get an unfinished version with some major bugs.

I mean Vray5 is already great, but in my case not usable for production.
    I think it is a bit unlucky to send such an email in this phase...

Just like to let you know, maybe you care, or maybe not...

Hi haniel1107,

The last change to our recommended end-user prices was made in 2014. However, foreign exchange rates have changed significantly over the past 6 years. While we were able to bear the negative impact until now current and expected exchange rates have left us with no option but to adjust our prices.

On February 1, 2020, we increased the recommended end-user prices in EUR and GBP of all our products and services to reflect the current foreign exchange rates except for V-Ray for Cinema 4D. There will be no change in our current USD recommended end-user prices. Now that V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D is released, we’re bringing it in-line with the rest of the Chaos portfolio.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Understanding and vray5 is really great, but I would love to use the full potential which vray5 promises, when I am using a "paid" version
      For the moment there are quite to many bugs and missing features... This is a little disappointing... from my perspective...

Because, I like to generate money, too...

So let's hope vray5 for cinema get's soon in line...with the rest of your portfolio.. then it is easier to accept these prices... and the new "annual purchase policy" .

Comment

Originally posted by , we’re bringing it in-line with the rest of the Chaos portfolio. [/FONT
        [/COLOR]
        vray5forc4d is not production ready, and you want to get the same price as for your other software??

Comment

For me its the same. Are you serious? I reall want to use V-Ray 5 too but currently its unfinished and buggy. Absolutely not usable. I cannot even get it to run (see another thread).

And you want more money? As haniel said; I do understand that it was a lot of work but if I were you I would do this:

V-Ray for C4D V-Ray 3.7 User: currently for 340€ and WHEN V-Ray 5 is really ready and production safe THEN higher price.

​​​​​That is a joke, is it?

You cant sell an unfinished product for more money as usual. What are you thinking? Even the "old" V-Ray 3.7 is now almost 100€ more expensive? I have a lot of licences. This is horrible expensive. And both products are extreme buggy. But VRay 5 is more than even older Vray. I dont get it. Must be a April Fools joke. Absolut worst business practice Ive ever seen.

Greets,

Comment

@CG:
            Is there maybe something you could communicate?

Like, when does SP1 with fixings coming, or when can we expect some of the missing features?
            Also nightlies uploads are very rare...

2021 could be a new chance for a better communication...

This is a friendly meant request, as of course I really can't wait to use Vray 5 only

Comment

Hi,
              We're doing our best to deliver the most of V-Ray 5s experience to you so let me answer to some of your concerns as much as I can.

We couldn't release a full featured V-Ray for a few reasons. I've already shared this once, but I don't mind sharing it once more.
              Developing a product from scratch is very time-consuming and if we waited until every existing feature in 3.7 is ready for V-Ray 5 it would have taken a lot more time to deliver V-Ray 5 to you and the time you wait was also going to be disappointing. Even if we delivered more features that would have sacrificed stability over having more features, and we were going to be behind the other V-Ray integrations because the development there ins't stopping as well. Now we're inline with most of the latest features that V-Ray 5 offers including VFB2.
              Every software has bugs, I wouldn't expect V-Ray for Cinema 4D to be an exception because everyone has different workflow in one way or another. We're testing pretty much everything here, but I doubt that someone can cover every single bug on a software that is very new. Someone might find a bug that I might not experience here on my end because of a variety of factors. That is why relying on your reports for any issues, so we can fix them asap and improve V-Ray even more.

Originally posted by haniel1107 View Post
              @CG:
              Is there maybe something you could communicate?

Like, when does SP1 with fixings coming, or when can we expect some of the missing features?
              Also nightlies uploads are very rare...

2021 could be a new chance for a better communication...

This is a friendly meant request, as of course I really can't wait to use Vray 5 only
              We're doing our best and trying to catch up with every single forum thread here. I'm sorry to hear that you feel we're not communicating with you enough.
              You're not seeing nightly uploads because they're only uploaded when we have a batch of fixes ready and deployed.
              As for your question about the missing features. We're adding and planing some of them based on users feedback here on the forums and on our support lines and of course we prioritize the essential ones. So whenever you're missing a feature please make sure to let us know, and it will be prioritized.

Originally posted by leo_a View Post
              vray5forc4d is not production ready, and you want to get the same price as for your other software??
              V-Ray 5 might be missing some features compared to V-Ray 3.7 that someone's needs in their workflow but that doesn't define it as a product that isn't production ready. I don't know if you had a chance to watch our release video, but it is made entirely in V-Ray for Cinema 4D, and it doesn't look like it isn't production ready. Let us know what features you're missing this will help us deliver the missing features faster.

Thank you!
              Last edited by shaio; 15-01-2021, 06:19 AM.
              Ivan Shaykov
              chaos.com

Comment

Hello Shaio,
                first of all this shouldn’t end in a shitstorm..

But at purchasing, there is no hint, that some of the features are missing, or some of the bugs, known from the beta - are not fixed.
                I believe vray5 is now one of the most expensive 3rd party render engine for cinema and at release with a lot of missing features. (And when ready, maybe one of the best engines)

I’ve purchased on the first day, a month ago and I don’t know when will be what fixed or added.
                Next December I have to pay again and more.

Overdone said: You wouldn’t buy a car, when you know the windows will be delivered anytime later.
                And about communication or better said about information’s… please recap the last two and half years…

Anyway, this shouldn’t demotivate, as I think everybody is happy and thankful so far… for your efforts here in the forum and this incredible evolution of this render engine…

Just in case you like to see it once from my perspective and why a few users are not 100% happy
                Last edited by haniel1107; 15-01-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Hello All,

I've wrote about the price going up one month ago and unfortunately I must join all negative comments.

I really appreciate all work behind the Vray C4D version. But what people are angry about is not really releasing the Vray 5, but how CG handled it:

- First of all it was the sudden information - Either you pay next month for using Vray or get out. Vray 5 described as beautifully working, new and complete - I was really excited at first.
                  - Not informing that Vray 5 is still widely unfinished vs 3.7 workflows (I've also bought license, just to use 3.7).
                  - Not informing openly that right after the Jan 13th the prices will rise.
                  - Restricting all free nodes from migration program to zero.

I really understand, that CG could just not simply afford to work on a "free" product, and somebody forced the V5 release.
                  If users would be kindly informed that this is ongoing process, and offer a 40-50% discount till the Vray 5 is really ready, everyone would be very happy and felt respected.

Now, if CG planned to rise the price right after the Jan 13th, they should have at least bring it to a polished state. What was really done in the last month?
                  When I can switch to Vray 5 and learn all new workflow, not worrying if any missing option or bug will come up right in the middle of a project?
                  For many projects, that's just too risky right now.
                  Last edited by RwVision; 15-01-2021, 08:57 AM.
                  www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Originally posted by RwVision View Post
                    When I can switch to Vray 5 and learn all new workflow, not worrying if any missing option or bug will come up right in the middle of a project?
                    +1 on every point, but especially on this one.. these were the obstacles when working with vray5

Comment

I did some tests with V-Ray 5 today. It is extreme unstable and crashes a lot. My scene is not even heavy. At least V-Ray 3.7 is somewhat stable. I can work with it. Yes shaio you are right. Every program has bugs. But in this case its outright unusable.

I cant work with a scene which decides to crash when canceling a render or using IPR or rendering with RTX.
                      Speed is great thx to RTX and Cuda but thats not all. Stability at first, speed next. Even if 3.7 is absolutely slower than 5, at least I can work here. I really tried just 10 minutes with V-Ray 5, not even changing a lot and I got at least 5 crashes with or without IPR. Now price is higher.

Pls explain to us how this is explaining the pricetag for 5? At least just leave the price for 3.7 alone at 340€ and give 5 an expensive price. Then you will see that users are ONLY switching WHEN V-Ray 5 is really ready. We are talking about a heavy learning curve for a lot of people (not for me but iam a nerd), its buggy as hell, its expensive.

Pls just give all 3.7 Users a chance to stay first while 5 grows to a REAL USABLE product. Its not only that. You suddenly want a LOT of money for nodes.

I have to say: that situation is very horrible right now. Sorry to be that honest but its true.

Ive waited sooooo long for Vray 5 and iam unfortunately very disappointed. The work until now is amazing but not worth the money and especially now penalting all 3.7 users. As I said: that is NOT a good businessmove.

Pls reconsider pricing for 3.7, work on 5 and when its ready, everyone is willing to pay 425€.

Thats just my opinion.

Greets PdZ

Comment

Started today a really basic scene in Vray 5. The interactive preview is wonderful!

BUT... in few hours I found out 3-4 bugs/missing options and got 3 crashes - one with full pc hang.

Object visibility animation is still not working - this is just horrible. Definitely not production ready.
                        www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

I am still unsure whether to buy Vray 5.After reading about the many bugs and limitations here, not much has really happened since the beta. Maybe now is the ideal time for me to look for alternatives. Arnold was always too expensive for me, but compared to Vray 5 it's cheap. And Corona is probably the better Vray, unfortunately without GPU rendering. And for the rest, I still have Redshift. I miss Stefan and his team.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelwolf View Post
                            I am still unsure whether to buy Vray 5.After reading about the many bugs and limitations here, not much has really happened since the beta. Maybe now is the ideal time for me to look for alternatives. Arnold was always too expensive for me, but compared to Vray 5 it's cheap. And Corona is probably the better Vray, unfortunately without GPU rendering. And for the rest, I still have Redshift. I miss Stefan and his team.
                            I think it didn't changed much since the last beta. (or maybe nothing)
                            Compared with Max and Maya where many and frequently nightlies were released and service packs came fast, around 1 months later......

But as we learned, cinema is not max or maya .., I think you need to decide for yourself..
                            Production ready or not, depends on what you need

I would wait as the annual purchasing clock is running..

Comment

No insight, no offer, no agreement? only ignoring... great!

Comment

Working...
                              X