360° Panorama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360° Panorama

Hello, is that possible that a normal 360° Panorama is not possible with he vray5.0? The picture is distorted and ... see the picture... The only way is to render cube 6x1, what need longer rendertime? After that I must change this with ptgui to a 360° Picture. I think, the best for the Moment is, to work with 3.7 or change to corona... I must work and not try and error all the time... Another problem: The render don´t stopp when I say Max. Render Time may be 10 minutes - that ihas no one effect by me.
    Best regards Andreas
    Attached Files
    Last edited by andreas_hummel; 06-04-2021, 02:38 AM.

Hi Andreas,
    give the "Spherical" camera a go. That one works just fine for me (no visible distortion).
    Don't forget to change the aspect ratio and override the fov.

Comment

Hello andreas_hummel ,

In order to correctly render a 360-degree image go to the Overrides tab in the V-Ray render settings and under the Camera rollout set the Camera Type to Spherical. You also need to enable Override FOV and set the FOV to 360 degrees as shown here.

Also, please make sure that your image has 2:1 width to height ratio (for example: 6000px width; 3000px height).

Keep in mind that currently, this doesn’t work correctly when rendering with V-Ray GPU. This is a known issue that has already been reported to our developers. I will make sure to link this thread to the issue and I will update it once we have more information.

Another problem: The render don´t stopp when I say Max. Render Time may be 10 minutes - that ihas no one effect by me.
      I tested this on my end and it seems to be working fine. Does this happen with a specific scene only? It would be helpful if you can send us a test scene where the issue is reproducible. Also, are you using V-Ray CPU or V-Ray GPU? Providing as many details about this issue as possible would be very helpful.

Thank you.
      Aleksandar Kasabov
      chaos.com

Comment

Thanks a lot! The first thing is - I was rendering with Vray GPU (Cuda = GPU + CPU); the lightcache was okay, but after the first pass the picture jumpt to this result in my first post. Also with RTX 6000 only. With Engine: Vray (also CPU) it is okay. But the rendering don´t stop or stop? I see now: two possibilitys to stop the render: first in the tab Vray and second in the tab Interactive. Wich is right? When i set both to 0 the rendering need much more time. When I use the tab under vray it´s work fine with CPU and cuda. Yesterday I was using the second tab under Interactive and when I set 10 minutes, the rendering was over 30 I think..

Best Regards Andreas

Nvidia quadro RTX 6000 / AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X
        Last edited by andreas_hummel; 06-04-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Hello andreas_hummel,

The first thing is - I was rendering with Vray GPU (Cuda = GPU + CPU); the lightcache was okay, but after the first pass the picture jumpt to this result in my first post. Also with RTX 6000 only. With Engine: Vray (also CPU) it is okay.
          This is a known issue and it is logged in our internal system. I will let you know once we have any updates on the matter.

But the rendering don´t stop or stop? I see now: two possibilitys to stop the render: first in the tab Vray and second in the tab Interactive. Wich is right? When i set both to 0 the rendering need much more time. When I use the tab under vray it´s work fine with CPU and cuda. Yesterday I was using the second tab under Interactive and when I set 10 minutes, the rendering was over 30 I think..
          If you want to limit the render time of the production render you will need to set that from the Max. Render Time in Min parameter in the Progressive sampler rollout in the V-Ray tab. You can find more information about this parameter here.

Keep in mind that setting the Max. Render Time value to 0 will not limit the rendering in time and will stop when one of the other parameters (Noise threshold or Max subdivs) is reached.

The Max. Render Time (min) option in the Interactive tab is for Interactive rendering only and it will not affect the production rendering. Since Interactive uses progressive path tracing it would never stop rendering unless specified otherwise. You can find more information about it here.
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

Thank you! For stop the render was my mistake, to choose max rendertime in the interactive tab.

Comment

Working...
            X