Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4D Shaders + C4D floor support

Hi,

It seems that NOT all C4D Shaders and objects are supported by VRay5. For example C4D Fresnel shader is interpreted like a simple gradient. C4D Floor object is not rendered at all.

Does Chaos team plan to support such shaders/objects in a near future?

I would prefer to wait (not too long, few months?) and avoid to rework all the materials in the database...

Regards,

Hi,
    as a temporary workaround, regarding the shaders, I could suggest using the VrayC4D bake texture. You can also take a detailed look on what's currently supported on this page.

Comment

Thanks! In this list Fresnel appears supported, but in reality it's interpreted as a simple gradient. And Frenels shader is an unbakable effect.
      Also i would need informations from Chaos, about "Projector" effect full support + "Tile" effect, in few months please.

It will not be the same database work load for VRay 5 migration if those basic C4D shaders are supported... or not

We need visibility for this because we will need to plan this migration.

Hope you can understand that at this moment it is not easy to do the jump in those conditions.

Comment

Hello f2b,

Please note that the support for the Fresnel texture is only partial. We have updated our documentation page to address that. Instead of using the native C4D fresnel texture, you can use the VRayFresnel texture. You can find more information about it here.

Adding support for the Cinema4D floor object and the Projector shader is on our to-do list and will be implemented in the future. I will let you know once we have more information.

Keep in mind that we won't be able to provide any specific timeframe about when those features will be implemented as the development is quite dynamic and our plans are subject to change. You can keep an eye on this thread, which is regularly updated, where you can see what are our plans are in terms of the feature roadmap.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Thank you aleksandar for this planned feature topic. I Hope native c4d shader support is included in "We're aiming to include all missing V-Ray 3.7 features in V-Ray 5 by the end of the year"

f there is any chance for this job to be done within 1 year so i will wait and won't migrate to VRay 5 for the moment.

Comment

Hello f2b,

Thank you for your understanding. Adding full support for some of the shaders won't be so easy to do and I am afraid that I cannot provide any specific timeframe for when this is going to happen. I will let you know once we have additional information to share. Thank you.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Hello f2b,

I would like to let you know that with the latest stable build we have added support for the C4D floor object. You can download and install the build from here. Thanks.
              Aleksandar Kasabov
              chaos.com

Comment

Thanks a lot for you feedback! Remains C4D shaders now

I read another thread requesting support for QTile pro shader, if i remember right. Someone of Chaos explained it could not be supported for DR or Standalone but only when rendering with C4D.

It's the same for me, i don't need C4D shader can render with DR, Standalone or Chaos Cloud etc... i only need to render in C4D. It will help a lot to do the transitions

Before switching our workflow to VRay 5 i would have hundreds of C4D scene inside them i have to converts C4D shader to equivalent VRay Shader

C4D Filter Shader, C4D Fresnel Shader, C4D Layer Shader, C4D Projector are the most used, in lot of materials...

Comment

Hello f2b,

I am pleased to tell you that yesterday we released a V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D - Update 2.3 and with it, we added support Cinema 4D Projector, Fresnel, Colorizer, and Fusion shader for the classic materials. The builds can be downloaded from the Downloads section on our website. You can also check the announcement thread for more information about what is new in this release.
                  Last edited by aleksandar.kasabov; 07-04-2022, 02:18 AM.
                  Aleksandar Kasabov
                  chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                  X