SSS Surface ID object property missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSS Surface ID object property missing

It appears the SSS Surface ID available in Maya is not available in Houdini. https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...atteProperties

Could you please add this or is some other workflow supposed to be used in Houdini?

-- Erik

Tnx, I'll add the control to the object properties.
    For now you could try manually adding user attribute "VRay_SSS_SurfaceID=<number>" into the object properties.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Originally posted by bdancer View Post
      Tnx, I'll add the control to the object properties.
      For now you could try manually adding user attribute "VRay_SSS_SurfaceID=<number>" into the object properties.
      Manually adding it to User Properties dont appear to work so would be great if this could be added as soon as possible. Need it for a project.

-- Erik

Comment

Well, adding this control will internally do exactly the same - will add this specific user attribute. It seems to be exported correctly to me; may I check your scene?
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

It ended up being an artist not taking into consideration the difference in default units between Maya and Houdini. Will still be nice to have it added instead of using User Attributes but not urgent in any way anymore.

-- Erik

Comment

Working...
          X