Crash Apple M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Apple M1

With the latest nightly build, H 18.5.351 I'm able to add v-ray elements but hitting render immediately crashes Houdini. Seems to render fine in Maya.

I understand this is unsupported, just thought I'd report it.

(I really hope chaosgroup supports these machines natively. My quick tests are quite encouraging)

We will have to check this out; not sure about Houdini itself but for V-Ray the plan is to work on a native ARM port in the first half of 2021.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      We will have to check this out; not sure about Houdini itself but for V-Ray the plan is to work on a native ARM port in the first half of 2021.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Thanks for the info, very good news! may I ask if is possible to get denoiser to work using Metal? Also an interactive denoiser using the neural engine maybe interesting.
      3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
      NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
      www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
      @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

We don't have plans to support Metal right now; we will have enough work just doing the ARM port. The CPU version of the V-Ray denoiser will be available for sure.

Unfortunately at the moment we don't have the resources to do a neural network based denoiser ourselves like the NVidia one.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          We don't have plans to support Metal right now; we will have enough work just doing the ARM port. The CPU version of the V-Ray denoiser will be available for sure.

Unfortunately at the moment we don't have the resources to do a neural network based denoiser ourselves like the NVidia one.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Thanks Vlado! have you tried to reach Apple developers for this kind of stuff? I know they worked very closely with both Octane and Redshift to get their engine to work, maybe they can help to improve Vray denoiser too.
          3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
          NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
          www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
          @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

ARM port sounds cool!
            Hristo Velev
            MD/FX Lead, Bottleship VFX
            Sofia, Bulgaria

Comment

Working...
            X